GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake light bulb

Dagobah

Ready to race!
Only done 250 miles so far and was surprised when a message on MFD warned to check my brake light bulb. Having taken the rear nearside cluster off (yes, you have to remove it to get to bulbs) I found that the push-in fit Halogen bulb had fallen out of its connector. At least I know how to get at the Brake/side light and indicator bulb now.:(

dadu

Ready to race!
I went for the front/rear LED lights because I'm sick of changing bulbs. Too bad the front blinkers are not LED.:mad:

le0n1

Ready to race!
Where did you by the LED bulbs Dadu, at VW dealer? :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I went for the front/rear LED lights because I'm sick of changing bulbs. Too bad the front blinkers are not LED.:mad:

Which bulbs did you actually change to LEDs?

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Not sure what country dadu is based in....RO ?

He said he went for LED lights as he didn't like changing bulbs so maybe he just ordered his new car with Bi-Xenons/ LED DRLs and the LED rear lights .

DW58

Go Kart Champion
RO = Romania AFAIK. The only LED light replacement I know of at present is the number plate lights unless you fork out £££ for LED tail-light units.

dadu

Ready to race!
Sorry for the confusion, I wanted to say that I've ordered the DRL with LEDs and same for the tail.

Here, the rear LEDs lights are 291 Euro (tax included). Adaptive Bi-xenon with LED DRL is about 500 Euro more expensive (than the non-adaptive one with bulb DRL).

If you buy them in some packages, you get up to 500 Euro discount. Basically, you get the front/rear LEDs for, probably, 100- 200 Euro.:D
Retrofitting them would cost around 500 euro.

Yes, RO means Romania.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I didn't realise that you could retro-fit LED DRLs.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
If possible could you give part numbers - are these genuine Volkswagen items?

dadu

Ready to race!
They've told me the price is double for almost any part you may request so I asked no more.
The parts number can be taken from ETKA and the dealer will tell you your price. If their policy doesn't allow that, there are many german companies that are happy to send you that part which can be fitted by your dealer. Or, at least that's how they do around here.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thanks - your dealers must be more accommodating than ours.

dadu

Ready to race!
You're welcome. The profit margin is smaller here so they need to work for an extra buck.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
My local Volkswagen dealer is better than most, plus my family have been customers since 1981, but they're still not that keen on ordering/retro-fitting non standard parts.