GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffler delete

Mk7ulf

Ready to race!
Hello,

I am wondering if a muffler delete will cause a engine light. If I do go with a muffler dlete will it void my warranty?

crzyskimer93

Ready to race!
First thing I was told, don't buy a mod-able car if your worried about warranty and most of the time they don't care for the most part.. But if your worried about it, don't do it.

But as for your answer. Probably not.

I have extended warranty and I'm bagging my car.. But now let's say there's something I need to replace if bags can't affect that part then they will replace if but not if your having exhaust problems and u have a aftermarket one would you cover it?

Just my 2 cents, but then again I asked the same thing you are asking 3 weeks ago

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
I just tried it, typed muffler then selected and deleted - no engine warning light, in fact nothing happens apart from the removal of the text.

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
The answer is no. Removing the mufflers will not cause a check engine light. Removal of the mufflers will not void any part of the warranty. I cannot think of a single component that would fail as a result of missing mufflers.

Mk7ulf

Ready to race!
The answer is no. Removing the mufflers will not cause a check engine light. Removal of the mufflers will not void any part of the warranty. I cannot think of a single component that would fail as a result of missing mufflers.

Thanks! What about straight pipe

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
Thanks! What about straight pipe

You will get errors and the car will be obnoxiously loud. You can safely modify to your heart's content from beyond the cat. This means you can remove the resonator and muffler without causing any issues. Once you remove cats (turbo-back straight pipe) you'll run into issues without a tune.

vdub7

Passed Driver's Ed
ive had the muffler delete since 500 miles, almost to 2k with no issues and I must say, it sounds amazing. I have no need to buy an exhaust at this point. I say definitely do it. it sounds pretty badass on a cold start up. warmed up at idle, you cant even tell. cruising around it does have alittle drone to it but its not obnoxious at all and I think it sounds amazing.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
ive had the muffler delete since 500 miles, almost to 2k with no issues and I must say, it sounds amazing. I have no need to buy an exhaust at this point. I say definitely do it. it sounds pretty badass on a cold start up. warmed up at idle, you cant even tell. cruising around it does have alittle drone to it but its not obnoxious at all and I think it sounds amazing.

Do you also have the downpipe? I was planning on a downpipe, intake, muffler delete....want to know how that all sounds....

vdub7

Passed Driver's Ed
currently I do not have a downpipe. For this vehicle I find them quite pricey, also I have never owned a Euro car prior and hearing and reading about these blown turbos has me worried. Wont mess with anything that requires sensors for now. Im still debating on which intake to get.

cbeckmk7

Take it to a muffler shop, have them cut the muffler out and then weld in new straight pipe pieces.

Sent from my iPhone while on Mars

Wait are we talking about the APR muffler delete or a resonator delete? I thought this was about the APR muffler delete or a product similar.