GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo Failure Status Poll

Please Choose Your Current Status And Vote. Thanks!

• My Turbo Failed And I Was Tuned

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • My Turbo Failed And I Was Stock

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • My Turbo Did Not Fail And I Am Tuned

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • My Turbo Did Not Fail And I Am Stock

Votes: 106 63.5%

• Total voters

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
why don't you guys all not post until you've put 20k miles on the car, not 2k miles. You can't change your vote later.

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
You really have to clarify what you mean by 'problem' - i really dislike this kind of forum usage.

James

I dont see how turbo failures on a brand new car is NOT a problem. It's a problem and a huge one.

Add another choice. (Drive like an idiot). (Drive normal).
I am sure this car is designed to drive somewhat normal and not like you would on a race track. Remember race car drivers have a pit crew and mechanic in shop to rebuild turbo after races. Yours is a daily driver unless you upgrade it.

The GTI is a sports car. It should be able to take a beating without major issues. Obviously if you track it everyday that's another thing...

Last edited:

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
I dont see how turbo failures on a brand new car is NOT a problem. It's a problem and a huge one.

The GTI is a sports car. It should be able to take a beating without major issues. Obviously if you track it everyday that's another thing...

Agreed!
Its a GTi or an R..... these models are designed to be driven as intended. Two things to consider, its either not enough R&D at point of manufacture (IHI) or its plain and simply 'not fit for purpose' ....
Irrespective of how small amount of people suffer problems its a problem nevertheless leaving people unnecessarily inconvenienced by a situation with is largely no fault of their own and outside of their control.

DrJay42

Passed Driver's Ed
more than 6,000 miles with an APR tune and my turbo blows today during a ho humm morning 90% highway drive into work..... Makes no sense! :mad:

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Did you change the oil in those 6000 miles???

unless cars are emptying themselves of oil the turbo shouldn't blow like that. i'm almost certain its not user error, otherwise vw wouldn't have been revising this turbo all this time

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
I know they were selling mk7 for a while before we got them in the US. So the question is did the GTI's out of the Mexican plant get the newer turbo revisions?