GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Steering Wheel Thread

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
The MK6 wheel was recently voted one of the 10 best steering wheels(cant find the article now), so yeah its disappointing they tried to "fix" it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The MK6 wheel was recently voted one of the 10 best steering wheels(cant find the article now), so yeah its disappointing they tried to "fix" it.

I really wonder what there was to "fix". There was nothing wrong with it.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah, but of all things to cut a couple of dollars on.
The thing that stares you right in the face, and the part of the car that you actually grip with your bare hands.

plat

Ready to race!
Well, here's hoping that VW is listening. The MK7 GTI in the Paris Autoshow is still a concept so a few more design tweaks are possible.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
How about this steering? It's from the Seat Leon.

Keep in mind guys, the GTI is still a concept, some things can/will be changed.

Attachments

• Seat Steering.JPG
    Seat Steering.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 2,294

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I like the MK7 better than that.

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have any ideas on the most efficient and effective way to communicate to VW our distaste for this new wheel? I've already gotten over the few other little things that bothered me about the car, but it seems most people aren't really feeling this steering wheel.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Anyone have any ideas on the most efficient and effective way to communicate to VW our distaste for this new wheel? I've already gotten over the few other little things that bothered me about the car, but it seems most people aren't really feeling this steering wheel.

Car is already in mass production. No real way to change the design at this point. I can talk to my old collegue that works with them now, but he doesnt have any pull.