GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Composition/Discover Firmware Revisions

Boggle

In my previous car, I had an RNS-510 unit. There are fairly frequent firmware updates released for these - some of which actually add useful functionality (e.g. we saw full digit postcode entry and GPS co-ordinate entry as updates). However, VW dealers are notoriously bad at letting customers know there's an update available or offering to perform the update.

So, I thought it would be interesting to see if any updates to the new units have been released since launch and into the future if members post their hardware/software/nav versions in this thread.

My car was built in April (Discover Media) and was delivered with Hardware v039, Software v0170 and Navigation 5G0919866. You can check this info from the 'System Information' screen.

Anyone seen any updates or older revisions?

Attachments

• firmware2.jpg
    firmware2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 54,939

Essjay

Ready to race!
Mine was also an April build, but looks like yours is more up to date.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 47,448

buu

Where to download a newer Software for Composition Media unit?
I have Hardware: 040 and Software: 0421 and Media codec: N/A

And what is that Media codec and is it possible to install it additionally?

Stripey

Ready to race!
Mine......got the car March 2013 but I think was updated a few months ago to (try to) fix a sat nav fault:

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Here's mine, September 2013 GTD and discover Nav pro.

Hardware H41, Software 0179

Russkiya

Passed Driver's Ed
Golf 7 Built Wolfsburg 29 June 2014

IMG_0937.JPG

Russkiya

Passed Driver's Ed
How is it you work out the date it was built?

I used the on-line tracker,on a daily basis, since the car was ordered.
:D

bgh

this is from the Composition Media system included in my 2015 Golf GTI Autobahn that I just took delivery of in Canada. Its part of the Fender audio upgrade. the manufacture date is Aug 2014.
Can anyone confirm this is the most current hardware and software? The owners manual states the supported formats for the sd card includes vFAT and NTFS, both of which are not correct. The SD card was only readable when formatted with FAT32.

Attachments

• IMG-20140918-00004.jpg
    IMG-20140918-00004.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 47,392

Ilaniado

Does anyone have any idea of where I can update mine? Ice heard that the latest software allows you to gave the app connect for the ones that don't have em. My VW dealer says it can't be done, I know it can all I need is the link to download the newest software. Please let me now if anyone has it.

Thanks!!