GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Match to replace SE

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
What a surprise (err not).... thanks for the heads-up though!

GC854

Ready to race!
Thats interesting. Dont think I would be buying an SE for the same amount of cash! The wheels look quite good on the website.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Thats interesting. Dont think I would be buying an SE for the same amount of cash! The wheels look quite good on the website.

All I can see different at a quick glance is parking sensors and mirror pack :confused:

monomi

Dont think I would be buying an SE for the same amount of cash!

I've just ordered a 64 plate SE, was going for the Match but the garage offered me an extra 1k off the SE so i went for it. Am having doubts as the extra's of the Match would have been nice... too late now!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
It will likely juist be delivered as Match anyway - thats whats always happened in the past once they stopped marketing the SE. Just make sure its registered as such once it gets here.

Lots of early Match Mk.6's were still registered as SE.

monomi

It will likely juist be delivered as Match anyway - thats whats always happened in the past once they stopped marketing the SE. Just make sure its registered as such once it gets here.

Lots of early Match Mk.6's were still registered as SE.

That would be great if it was, but i am not sure i'll be that lucky. The deal was offered as it had to be an item of physical stock. So guessing that means its a SE that already built and in the UK. I'll keep my eye on the order though and take your advice if it does turn out the be a Match.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry - didnt realise it was a stock car - so yes it will be a SE.

monomi

No worries!

to be honest I am so excited about getting a golf I would take any model. I've owned a 1974 type 2 camper and a t4 multivan but have always wanted a golf!!

Last edited:

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Anyway - like with the Mk.6 its only the level of equipment that distinguishes the Match - no badging or different upholstery etc.....

TMGould

Passed Driver's Ed
I went for a match over the SE, as i wanted Parking Sensors, and Mirror pack.

I was prepared to pay the extra price too.. until i discovered the match was coming back! lol

monomi

I've posted about my decision on another thread. Basically I could have had the match, but had to wait - but also got an extra 1k off the SE so I went for that. Can't help feeling that I should have just waited but maybe I can look into sensors and mirrors as retro fit if I decide that works best. Then the 1k saving will be completely void :)

TMGould

Passed Driver's Ed
The Dealer's just called me, to tell me he's found another Match, thats the same as the one i ordered, thats been cancelled.. and its already built.

im not sure if i should be excited, or worried..