GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIVE from Paris Show: Debut of 2013 GTI and Golf [Photos]

CORDI69

gti

this car is goona look amazing in my garage next year no doubt about it i will purchase it for sure ive the mk7 gti in other pictures with no stripe in the headlights it might be an option for the car an i dont understand y thers no fogs lights other than that fantastic car

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion

Anyone notice that the pedal is no longer mounted on the floor?

Adamse7en

Ready to race!
this car is goona look amazing in my garage next year no doubt about it i will purchase it for sure ive the mk7 gti in other pictures with no stripe in the headlights it might be an option for the car an i dont understand y thers no fogs lights other than that fantastic car

The fog lights are between the fins in the same spot as they are now.

cawgti

Ready to race!
I hope that the start stop feature mentions does not mean that the car will shut off each time you are stopped in traffic or at a stop sign. I drove a Benz with this a week ago and very odd when your only stopping at a stop sign.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Also, other than the rear window side "fins"/deflectors.....anyone notice how prominent the rear defroster lines are???
It's the first thing that pops out when I look at the back of the car!

These are two FM radio antennas, mate.

;)

Wonder what the bolt pattern and offset is?

Probably the same as before. Truth is the VW 'Zubehör' (Driver Gear) already sell some Original Equipment for the Mk.VII in Europe.
There are already some new wheels and the 18" 'Rotary' wheel is 7.5Jx18 ET51 !!

01 Volkswagen Original
Leichtmetallfelge Rotary 18 Zoll
Farbe: Anthrazit
Felgengröße: 7,5 J x 1 8", ET 51, LK 112/5
Verwendbare Reifengröße1: z. B. 225/40 R18
Art.-Nr. 5G0 071 498 16Z

Front is exactly the same as MKVI, check out the technical analysis that came out.... rear looks updated, but the front is identical.

Similar - yes. Same - no. All parts are different and the front control arms look even similar to Mk.IV ones !!

ras_39

Passed Driver's Ed
A+ for the wheels and golf ball shift knob. Don't like the red stripe going all the way across the lights. From the back it looks a little to much like a station wagon. I truly like my MK6 and this is an improvement especially with the horsepower. But it doesn't wow me.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone think like me that the front discs on the new GTI look smaller than on the mkV and VI?

I know that the new model is 100kg lighter but not reducing the size of the brakes would be nice.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion

Anyone notice that the pedal is no longer mounted on the floor?

Maybe a cost cutting measure? New pedals do not look as good as th V or VI units either...looks like cheap pep boys crap

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
The sad thing is, even with all the crap I hate about this car, I'll still be getting one....

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe a cost cutting measure? New pedals do not look as good as th V or VI units either...looks like cheap pep boys crap

All MQB cars have hanging pedals now. And these are very similar to what Audi is using in it's high end S/RS models now. I think the MKV and MK6 pedals would look basic and dated after getting used to these.