GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIVE from Paris Show: Debut of 2013 GTI and Golf [Photos]

DAS_STIG

Banned
Looks good overall, with a few issues that others have mentioned. Largest among them is definitely that stripe through the headlights. As my next car will definitely not be FWD, hoping the Golf R will fix that. Any word on when they will debut the R and actual specs/tech info?

plat

Ready to race!
Thanks for the details and photos!

I really don't like:
1. Headlights: What's up with the square halos around the lamps? It breaks up the symmetry.
2. Honeycomb feature on rear bumper apron. That's going to be a bitch to clean knowing that the rear hatch is a dirt magnet.
3. Battery cover: VW cheapened out and provided a cheap regular battery cover rather than a plastic battery box to match the nice engine cover.
4. Ugly steering wheel. The MK6 wheel looks much better.
5. Faux carbon fiber interior trim. I think they need to re-think this detail.
6. Single red line across front grille and headlamps. Something seems to be missing or incomplete.

jorgeecolina

Banned
Looks good overall, with a few issues that others have mentioned. Largest among them is definitely that stripe through the headlights. As my next car will definitely not be FWD, hoping the Golf R will fix that. Any word on when they will debut the R and actual specs/tech info?

I heard that the front stripe on the next R it's gonna be BLUE instead of RED! LOL

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
Thanks for the details and photos!

I really don't like:
1. Headlights: What's up with the square halos around the lamps? It breaks up the symmetry.
2. Honeycomb feature on rear bumper apron. That's going to be a bitch to clean knowing that the rear hatch is a dirt magnet.
3. Battery cover: VW cheapened out and provided a cheap regular battery cover rather than a plastic battery box to match the nice engine cover.
4. Ugly steering wheel. The MK6 wheel looks much better.
5. Faux carbon fiber interior trim. I think they need to re-think this detail.
6. Single red line across front grille and headlamps. Something seems to be missing or incomplete.

I actually think the headlights halos are actually the major kick in the facia design. I like it.
Agree with steering wheel - MK6 is better

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Those 19" inch rims gets me real wet...That steering wheel is totally out of place, it's not aggressive looking enough.

Becks

Ready to race!
JJ-R32, Thank you for posting the info and pictures. Greatly appreciated.

Overall I like the 4 door version a lot. My only serious gripe is that steering wheel. I just think it really looks dowdy, and just plain crappy in the GTI. Love the golf ball shifter as a nod to the history of the car.

webcrawlr

Ready to race!
Thanks for the pics and info. Knowing that we tend to get something different than the EU version I'll be waiting to see what US specs are before making any judgement calls.