GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIVE from Paris Show: Debut of 2013 GTI and Golf [Photos]

jorgeecolina

Banned
Can somebody explain me those straps around the rear springs?

Attachments

• mk7 rear suspension.jpg
    mk7 rear suspension.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 4,045

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I like it because I think its extremely similar to the mk6 - only very subtle differences IMO. The front stripe, like it. The side badging..not so much.

Also a fan of the wheels but I still love the 18" detroits.

Anyone notice the similarity to another VW group wheel.. .

Power increase is nice, steering makes me a little worried. But the diff sounds like a positive thing.

For those who did a stage 1 or even 2 on their mk5 or 6, I am interested to see how this one drives stock.
Also is this the same turbo as previous gens? Or do we not know yet?

Think I'll be keeping my mk6 but I will most definitely be taking this for a test drive when it comes to town... ;)

Not 100% on the new stripe going through the headlights but the interior is fantastic! Loving it!

jorgeecolina

Banned
Things I LIKE:
1. Red stitching on the leather
2. Retro style golf shift knob
3. LED Tails ... AND LED's fog lights too!
4. 5 spoke design wheels
5. Half black roof on those with sunroof

Things I DON'T LIKE:
1. Red stripe into headlights (LOOKS TACKY)
2. Fake "Carbon Fiber" interior trim
3. Steering wheel (The ones in the MK6 LOOKS 10 TIMES BETTER)
4. Honeycomb design in the rear valance
5. Small window next to the A-Pilar

Last edited:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
That red stripe running through the headlight cluster is really the only thing styling wise that really bothers me. I wish the front air dam looks more aggressive than what it looks to be now, since I think it looks more similar to Golf than what it is now(or MK5). But it is not bad looking. The new wheel options looks nice. Though they are probably still weighs a ton and probably have to be ditched at some point.

The interior is same-ish but different, which is nice. Still hate the lack of mechanical e-brake. Interesting they went to top-hinged throttle pedal. I had to get used to the bottom hinged one in MK6, now I have to do the opposite...lol

Power level increase is expected, the number sounds a lot more impressive in US version since ours is only rated at 200 now. The bump in torque is significant. This probably matches the power of the Audi EA888 A4 now, I wonder if the new engine has VVL like Audi's. The performance pack adding 10 extra horses isn't that impressive, but the rest of the bits is interesting. VAQ sounds interesting with ability to overdrive outside wheel, means it has to be an actually mechanically based system with electronic control(guessing some kind of clutchpack controlling a gear set), which should mean pretty significant handling improvement under power. Uprated brake is probably going to be GolfR/R32/TTS style caliper and disc package. This should address the need for heavy duty brake for track duty. The standard caliper seems to different now too in terms of design. The EU car shown also has adaptive damper, which looks to be different than the current system available in EU. I wonder what system it has now...

Overall I am pretty impressed, now I want to know the timing and price to see if I might go to it....:D

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Everybody is so concerned with the aesthetics, I'm fairly confident it will all flow in person and within 6 months everybody will be in love. That 5 spoke design looks fantastic... Appears to be the replacement for the current Detroit. I personally think its becoming more and more Audi and that's definitely a good thing. Lets just good we get the LED tail lights and have HID headlights standard like the MK5.

On to the functional aspect, who is thinking the difference between the engine output of the stage 1 and 2 GTI is merely a software change? The power package will be worth doing for the upgraded brakes with the "GTI" badging and mechanical LSD though :eek:

I'm a little bit disappointed they stayed with IHI as the OEM turbo manufacturer but oh well, lets hope it has a larger turbo than what the MK6 has. I'm worried its a similar size turbo just programmed more aggressively as they are keeping the 6000 RPM redline. When they swapped from BW K03 to the IHI the rev limit dropped to 6000 RPM from 6400 RPM. It's exhaust manifold is built into the head so one would assume it has to be a different turbo.

The factory air intake certainly is different, looks like a shorter path that does not run over the exhaust manifold like the prior FSI/TSI. The aftermarket will have some fun making some new products.

I cannot wait to see what APR is going to go with this car, I just hope the current APR intercooler fits on this car too so I don't waste my money.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion

Todd@ECS

Ready to race!
i think eliminating the e-break and replacing it with an electronic e-break really opens up the interior a bit. i'd like to see the front end lit up at night. so far though, i like what i'm seeing for sure.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
I'm not seeing the issue with the electronic e-brake, it looks clean and will insure less issues when parking.

Another thing to note is that the armrest now has red stitching, I think it looks great. I'm a little disappointed that on the plaid/cloth interior the door panels aren't leather wrapped like the leather versions I always thought they looked much cleaner.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I'm not seeing the issue with the electronic e-brake, it looks clean and will insure less issues when parking.

Another thing to note is that the armrest now has red stitching, I think it looks great. I'm a little disappointed that on the plaid/cloth interior the door panels aren't leather wrapped like the leather versions I always thought they looked much cleaner.

Leather door cards with cloth interior would look retarded...

jorgeecolina

Banned
I need to see one in Reflex Silver to make a final decision... :D
I'm NOT going Black this time! Swear to God...