GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTD Ordered...

M7 ATW

Hi Everyone,

Ordered a Golf GTD, standard specification in Pure White :)

Expected delivery September!

Should look pretty much like this, minus the black roof/sunroof option.

M7 ATW

Cool... I look forward to seeing some actual photos, as there still only seems to be a handful of photos on google images so far.

5 months is going to be a long wait :-(

M7 ATW

I wouldn't have ordered mine if it had been a five month wait. I'm impatient now! ;)

I could have it sooner, it's actually me who's trying to delay it as I've currently got a Mercedes on lease that isn't due back until later in the year.

I'm really tempted to bring it forward, but I must resist....

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
Did you go for any additional extras? I've gone for winter pack, camera, park assist and the pro nav. Couldn't decide on the chassis control and the salesman said it wasn't worth it but it's still playing on my mind. only bonus Is the colour clocks are now standard.

M7 ATW

No extras i'm afraid - bog standard in Pure White.

To be honest, i'm not someone who uses loads of toys, so they'd probably be wasted on me and I was keen to keep the price as low as possible.

My current car has the £2k Command option, but I've not used half of what it's capable of i.e. internet etc. The main benefit is speed warnings on the main instrument cluster.

M7 ATW

Does seem strange - I wonder if VW are just trying there luck, hoping most will specify it as a lot of buyers consider it fairly desirable.

I must admit that it's very handy and would have been nice to have as standard spec.

I'd love to see some more interior shots of the GTD, as I haven't seen many good ones of the grey Jacara cloth.

M7 ATW

They look lovely, it would just be nice to see some decent pics. I'm not sure how the alcantara will fair against my 1 and 3 year old daughters in the back :(

I just think the whole package looks really smart.

Embarrassingly, I've never driven a fairly powerful diesel, so i'm looking forward to how responsive it should feel mid-range with the 280lb ft of torque!

paddypool

Ready to race!
Did you go for any additional extras? I've gone for winter pack, camera, park assist and the pro nav. Couldn't decide on the chassis control and the salesman said it wasn't worth it but it's still playing on my mind. only bonus Is the colour clocks are now standard.[/QUOTE]

hi, what do you mean by this?

M7 ATW

It's the multi function display between the speedo and rev counter.

I think there was a fair bit of confusion whether this was standard on GTI/GTDs or an optional extra, but think it's recently been clarified as standard equipment. :)