GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 1

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
Hello Guys...I am waiting to get my 2016 VW TSi tuned at Carmine Import in Kernersville, NC. I am super excited, and can't wait to report back. Just thought I'd keep you guys posted. 0-60 and 40-100 videos coming up shortly.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Hello Guys...I am waiting to get my 2016 VW TSi tuned at Carmine Import in Kernersville, NC. I am super excited, and can't wait to report back. Just thought I'd keep you guys posted. 0-60 and 40-100 videos coming up shortly.

Thanks!

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
Bad news...After waiting an hour Carmine Import tells me Revo doesn't have a file for my TSi. I am super pissed at Revo for wasting my day (three hour drive to the shop) Owner of the shop approached me and apologizes to me. He was furious at Revo, and repeatedly apologized to me.

Last edited:

anjoVW

Ready to race!
Bad news...After waiting an hour Carmine Import tells me Revo doesn't have a file for my TSi. I am super pissed st Revo for wasting my day (three hour drive to the shop) Owner of the shop approaches me and apologizes to me. He was furious at Revo, and repeatedly apologized to me.

MK7 1.8t no file from Revo? I saw this video a while back, stage 1 tuned golf Revo tuned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFXy-RaeOJQ

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Bad news...After waiting an hour Carmine Import tells me Revo doesn't have a file for my TSi. I am super pissed st Revo for wasting my day (three hour drive to the shop) Owner of the shop approaches me and apologizes to me. He was furious at Revo, and repeatedly apologized to me.

That's very annoying. Dorks

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
Yep no file, and apparently that's not the first time shop has been let down by Revo. Owner of the shop topped off my car with fuel, and gave me $40 (can you actually believe that). Owner promised me that he was going to bring this up with Revo in the strongest of words, and was furious that shop had been let down by Revo on several occasions, and had lost lot of money because of Revo USA's unwillingness to compensate him for time lost because of situations like these.

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
And thing that pisses me off the most is that nowhere on Revo's website they say they don't have a tune for certain 1.8 TSi engines. My vin number, and built date were emailed to Revo well in advance, but Revo never said once they didn't have a tune for my car. Three hours (one way) to the shop, and an hour wait to find out that certain 1.8 TSis are not supported has me furious. Revo needs to get their $hit together before they start advertising their tunes.

Last edited:

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
And thing that pisses me off the most is that nowhere on Revo's website they say they don't have not a tune for certain 1.8 TSi engines. My vin number, and built date was emailed to Revo well in advance, but Revo never said once they didn't have a tune for my car. Three hours (one way) to the shop, and an hour wait to find out that certain 1.8 TSis are not supported has me furious. Revo needs to get their $hit together before they start advertising their tunes.

So, they have tunes for some VIN's but not for others, and they are extremely unreliable at letting the dealers know that? And you don't know until you get to the dealer and start the process?

That's infuriatingly bad service. Dealer sounds good though.

Revo needs to take this insane class...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l--Svhc9mh8

bmw2vw

Ready to race!
Well they had tunes for all 1.8 TSis, but they had to hook up the car to see if SPS capability was available, but now they are saying that they don't even have a tune and is in the development stages for my particular car. My car has a built date of 07/15 so it is an early model 16 , but they even let the shop hanging as shop had to make multiple calls to Revo USA to figure out what the hell was going on.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Well. Sorry about that. Sounds like it was a disappointing pain in the ars.

JB1? APR? or wait till revo gets its act together?

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
The Fed, I think I am just going to take your suggestion and order the JB1. Thanks for the enlightenment. :)

No! Unitronic has a flexible payment option. You put your money in an interest bearing checking account at say, 1.2%. Then when Unitronic is ready with the tune, you can use the money you made off the interest in that account to pay for the tune. Or, self driving cars will be ready by then and the whole tuning thing will be moot.

Or I guess the JB1 is okay too. :)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
No! Unitronic has a flexible payment option. You put your money in an interest bearing checking account at say, 1.2%. Then when Unitronic is ready with the tune, you can use the money you made off the interest in that account to pay for the tune. Or, self driving cars will be ready by then and the whole tuning thing will be moot.

Or I guess the JB1 is okay too. :)

Lol. You have to use purple letters. On Second thOught, thaT is pretty blatant sarcasm.

On a side note to OP Just go APR. You will not regret it.