GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Volkswagen Golf VII GTI concept revealed

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That red line through the headlights is weird. I'm so glad there are no LEDs in the headlights, I can live with those light bar things...

LEDS ARE in the headlight

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
I like!!!!

I'm sure there will be plenty of tweaks before production, and CHANGES for NA :(

I dig the evolution of the Detroits, and oddly enough I reallly like the GAS FLAP! LOL

cant wait to see the 4 Dr.....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

krische

vdubber in training
Volkswagen will offer an optional performance package that will increase the output of the engine to 230 hp (171 kW)

I wonder if North America will be able to get the performance package, or if it will just be one or the other. And if only one option, hopefully it's the more powerful one :D

curtpank

I know that Audi and VW have recently been working to prevent ECU tuning changes. Audi has done this with formal tech notes to dealers, but VW has also been working on better access security. Does anyone think that this may become more of an issue? Because right now my intake/stage 1 2011 GTI seems to get better numbers. The power boost wouldn't be sufficient if that was the most you can get from the ECU

krische

vdubber in training
I know that Audi and VW have recently been working to prevent ECU tuning changes. Audi has done this with formal tech notes to dealers, but VW has also been working on better access security. Does anyone think that this may become more of an issue? Because right now my intake/stage 1 2011 GTI seems to get better numbers. The power boost wouldn't be sufficient if that was the most you can get from the ECU

Well the MK6 ECU is already pretty locked down. Tuners have to completely remove it from the car and flash it on the bench.

I don't know why VW would make it any harder than that. I mean there is a huge aftermarket performance industry around VW and Audi, it would seem pretty stupid to snuff them out.

spessx

Ready to race!
Wow! So as much as 230hp to the wheels and around 258tq. That's nearly as much as a stage 1 Mk6, plus the the 220lb decrease in weight should help.

VW engineers have to be scratching their heads right now and thinking "How can we make this thing disappointingly slow relative to the competition?"

The next Mazda 3 is supposed to lose quite a bit of weight (200lbs in ugly grill alone?) plus have a much nicer interior. It'd be cool if the GTI could compete performance wise with that car.

-s

Hooklyn

Banned
While I really like it I do wish it were a bit more different from the MKVI. I am sure first time buyers will find it very appealing but going for me from MKV to MKVI to MKVII doesn't seem too likely considering the small cosmetic differences.

Heres hoping the 8V A3 Sportback makes it way Stateside.