GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Welcome to the Middle East!

gtiw7

Ready to race!
In oman you can order whatever you want, my friend had a 6mt gti, and another had a 3 dr R32, all were mkv though, don't see any mk6 3 doors though here.... Maybe just someone didn't order

oh yeah, and I asked the dealer last night about the gti and they said its delayed for the mid east till nov/ dec

3ashet ayyamak 3abdallah :D

I had a manual mkv, but when I wanted a manual mk6 they said no manual for Middle East GTIs anymore...I hope they bring both 6spd & DSG for mk7 and let customers choose

shiiit December is very far :eek: not good news at all....If that turned to be true for all ME countries then I guess I will wait another month till my graduation and get it in January,,,,yes I'm very young :D

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
1991? :D

Go Kart Champion
I'm 4 years older :D .... I got my licence in 2005 and drove my brothers mk4 v5 GTI until I got the mkv in december 2005

I want to send my story to vw lol

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure you mean 24 years old hahahahahaha
whaaaat!! you are not serious!! that's how I fell in love with Golfs!!! My brother showed me the abilities of his 3 doors yellow mk4 v5 GTI, of course I was in the passenger seat (12/13 years old, so for me it was like riding in a ferrari when he goes WOT lol) and ever since then I wanted a Golf GTI more then anything else

Major Golfs family here :D: 2002 v5 manual GTI (wrecked), 2006 GTI 6spd (mine/wrecked :() 2007 GTI DSG, 2008 GTI DSG & lastly a 2011 Golf R DSG...+ a passat but that doesn't count :p more to come en sha allah ;)

VW dealer wanted to photoshoot them & write an article about us in a magazine but my brother refused....he didn't want to turn "more" eyes towards us; as Bahrain is very small, some people thought that we are the dealer LOL

Go Kart Champion
Lol I said oldER... Than you that is

Haha wow that's a lot of golfs :D we have quite a good number of v dubs too, tiguan, passats, gti's

Personally, I don't think I will own anything other than a vw, I always dream of collecting all generations of the golf.... Well, maybe someday

Go Kart Champion
Haha indeed

gtiw7

Ready to race!
btw guys can anyone confirm if their country sell 2 door GTIs or manual GTIs. Kuwait only sells 4 door DSG. so I might be buying mine from another country. i want a 4 door 6 speed.

I was is their showroom today, the salesman said: GTI will be available here in July or August in worst cases. He also said (most probably there WON'T be 6spd for GCC countries, there is a very little chance that we get it as special orders,,,,but only little chance)

I guess we'll have to wait and see

twofour1

Hey guys.

Ahmad here from GTZ-UAE (local nissan Z/GTR/infiniti G club). I currently drive a 370Z and I just put a deposit earlier this week on a mid range night blue GTi.

The dealer told me the car has arrived and will be going for pre delivery inspection which could take a week. That seems a bit long to me, how long does it usually take?

Although my current car has more power, lighter, sportier, and RWD i cant wait for the GTi (im even more excited than when I got my Z :p)

-also, is there a Gti club here :confused:

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Hey guys.

Ahmad here from GTZ-UAE (local nissan Z/GTR/infiniti G club). I currently drive a 370Z and I just put a deposit earlier this week on a mid range night blue GTi.

The dealer told me the car has arrived and will be going for pre delivery inspection which could take a week. That seems a bit long to me, how long does it usually take?

Although my current car has more power, lighter, sportier, and RWD i cant wait for the GTi (im even more excited than when I got my Z :p)

mabrook bro, be careful you are about to fall in whole another type of love! :D ;)

gtiw7

Ready to race!
p.s 370z is indeed a sportier car, but not a chance on earth it is lighter than MK7 :rolleyes: well, maybe with a stripped interior lol

whaaat!! one week :confused: Pre delivery inspection took one day for my car! maybe there are some other procedure that should be done or simply the dealer is slow.

check instagram user @UAEVWCLUB ;)

Go Kart Champion
PDI was one day for mine as well :)

And then a couple of hours the day of delivery for a software update

dasGTI2

Hey guys.

Hi Ahmad,
I had put a deposit for my Carbon Grey GTI around a month back. I also got a call from the dealer saying the car has arrived and PDI would take a week or more (BTW, if you didnt know, these batch of cars are apparently coming from Saudi. They have been sold to the Dubai dealer by a dealer in Saudi. That is what i was told.)

Im new to VW and actually this will be my first new car! Cant wait!
Ive never driven a 370Z but would definitely like to try it out.

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Ahmad,
I had put a deposit for my Carbon Grey GTI around a month back. I also got a call from the dealer saying the car has arrived and PDI would take a week or more (BTW, if you didnt know, these batch of cars are apparently coming from Saudi. They have been sold to the Dubai dealer by a dealer in Saudi. That is what i was told.)

Im new to VW and actually this will be my first new car! Cant wait!
Ive never driven a 370Z but would definitely like to try it out.

Hey man,

Strange, I was told that my car is coming from Germany, so maybe they are not the same batch of cars. I was also told that the shipment will arrive during the 1st week of April, later on they said its arriving early. So it could be the batch arriving from Saudi.

Regardless, I have an appointment with them tomorrow to pay off the deposit and I will ask her some more details.. :D