GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

NightMare1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello guys,
I would like to share some information that I have passed by while searching for tweaks for the New MK7 through the VAG COM.
Since I will be doing some coding's today to my car, I really found this information very usefull and offcourse thnxs to our friend Norbreck21a who have spent a lot of time gathering these information.

here are the tweaks, enjoy,,,,,
1. Amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up
Go into [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

2. Password to unlock [09] Central Electronics Menus
Go into Function 16 (Permissions)
Enter the code 31347

3. Disable Seatbelt Warning
Go into [17] Instruments
Adaptation Channels -> function 10
Select disable seatbelt warning (Gurtwarner deaktivieren)
change to "yes" (default: none)

4. Setting Fog Lights as Coming/Leaving Home
Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go into Security Access and enter 31347
Look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination"
Set the new value drop down to "Fog Light"

5. Display the battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge)
Enter [17] Instruments
Go to adaptation channels, (no need for a security log in with this module)
Scroll down until you see Battery Charge > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done.

Usage
Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery".
Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

6. Automatic rain closing
Go into Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
- (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
- (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
- (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

7. Alarm beep on lock / unlock
Go into Secuity Access and enter 31347
Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set one or both to on if you wish.
Then set the following to "on"

(7)-Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)
This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.

8. Gauge sweep
Go into [17] Instrument
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

9. Side mirrors fold?? (under investigation)
With regards the mirrors, there are a couple of options and the one that interests me is -
(24) Access Control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen Modus (mirror folding in remote mode), Need to have a bit of a play around with this one to see if the possibility of unfolding on keyfob press (rather than ignition) exists ?

10. Change XDS interaction to strong

11. Puddle lights on while mirrors are folding
Can be found in the Door control module [42], Byte 1, Bit 5 (untick)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
This is really awesome man, i will definitely contact you next time I'm in UAE

Did you install the wheels and springs?

NightMare1

Passed Driver's Ed
sure bro any time afaaa, I installed the wheels, im really pissed my springs are on back order since 2 weeks, i have contacted APR they have said they still didnt recieve their shipment from VWR, im really eager to put them on

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Many thanks - this will be most useful.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
that's really impressive!! now I only need a VCDS LOL

I need to disable seatbelt warning not because it bothers me but because I always have to tell my friends (passenger) to put it on to stop the warning....

4. Setting Fog Lights as Coming/Leaving Home
I want this so badly :eek:

thanks bro :D

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Very interesting how all of my mods and photos from the first post have now spread across multiple websites, and photos have been lifted from my Flickr account :(

Don't mind people using them, but come on, at least give credit to the source of the info - it's only good manners :p

Here's the original thread I started over at the Golf GTi Forum

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.0

DW58

Go Kart Champion
If Santa bungs me any cash over Crimbo, I think I'm going to invest in a copy of VCDS and cables.

Totaly agree that I would be a tad peeved if people helped themselves to my photos etc. without the courtesy of at least giving credit.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Very interesting how all of my mods and photos from the first post have now spread across multiple websites, and photos have been lifted from my Flickr account :(

Don't mind people using them, but come on, at least give credit to the source of the info - it's only good manners :p

Here's the original thread I started over at the Golf GTi Forum

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.0

thanks for that efforts sootchucker :D

cheers