GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mike's DSG Carbon Steel GTI Build

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Installed Injen Intake on Christmas morning. Took me about an hour from start to finish. Longer than expected due to some tight fit with it and stock clamp being in a hard to reach area. Easy though. Don't even really need to read the instructions. Overall I love it! the intake looks great in person. I instantly notice the difference as soon as I start the car. The tone is a bit different for me at idle. Deeper.

Once you step on it though you instantly see why this intake was a good buy. The sound that the car makes is so addicting with this intake. You really won't be disappointed with this purchase.

Sidenote: My intake came with TWO filters!!!! Has anyone else received 2? I thought that was fantastic.

Last edited:

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looks great! I'm sure the open intake will allow for more spool eargasms ?

vdubpwr

Ready to race!
Nice build!

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Thanks! Welp. Ed's lights show that they will arrive tomorrow (Not sure given the holidays though. They dont show as in my city yet)

If so, Saturday install! Also creating a few small bronze decals to put on the side rear windows. Should have those on tomorrow. Neuspeed logo, Injen logo and H&R logo so far. Taking the golfmk7.com logo off until I can get a bronze one

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Last few pics with stock headlights. Can't wait to get rid of these. Buddy and I both had Mustang GT's. We both traded them in, he got a Challenger RT and I got a GTI lol. He laughed at what I got, until I beat him in a race.

Last edited:

artystamk7

Ready to race!
Looking great! You should try peeling off the insides of the Vw symbols to reveal some of that nice glossy black. It looks a lot better imo. I did it on mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 4,250

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Yeah it does look better. Was planning on doing that but just havent gotten around to it yet. Maybe Ill do it this weekend since I have nothing better to do with the car since my lights arent going to make it on time :(

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Newest mod has been the Neuspeed Power Module. So far I am very impressed. You can really feel the torque improvement (+35HP & +70TQ)
I am currently running 91 octane which puts me around +25HP and +60TQ though. A noticeable improvement over stock. This goes well with the lightweight Neuspeed RSe10 wheels. The wheels alone felt like a power improvement. Quicker take-off and better cornering. I recommend both the Module and the Wheels if anyone was thinking about getting either.

so that power and torque figure i bolded in your post is what it does for 93 octane right?

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looking good. I really want these headlights but they wont fit mine :( And congrats on the power module [emoji7]