GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

pjr

Ready to race!
Fitted my winter wheels & tyres today that I'd kept from my previous A3. They fit fine although they look a little small compared to the Austins.

Ride quality is better, but steering is a little more vague - they worked well on my A3 so hoping they'll be just as good on the GTI

Tyres are Dunlop Wintersport 3D 205/55x16 - this will be the fourth winter I've used these tyres (3 winters on the A3)

The offset is 1mm less than the Austins, but because of the narrower wheel, they tuck into the arches more.

jolebole

Ready to race!
Loaded some shelving hardware and brackets, so I can organize my crap in the garage and at the same time make some room for the car so it can fit in the garage for the winter at least.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
A few months ago I clumsily (stupidley) scraped the off-side rear door against the garrage, which had always been there and I drive into out of daily. Finally had it re-painted, at a local friendly back street repair shop (!) run by a very nice chap who worked at a high street (expensive) establishment. But one with an excellent rep I've used before due to past episodes of clumisness (yes, stupidity), cost me £60 all in. To compare prices I know from past experiences of clumsiness (of stupidity !) he charges £80 to repaint a bonnet, compared to £170 at an expensive high street establishment.

No, I don't live in 'monochrome land' but my photos always come out that way when I post them online....

Attachments

• Golf Door Before.jpg
    Golf Door Before.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,551
  • Golf Door After.jpg
    Golf Door After.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,626