GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 LP Headlights

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone have access to grab the part numbers of the housings?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Was discussed in another thread that you would also need to swap out the bumper and the fenders, to retrofit. Not sure if you saw that.

I know that doesn't answer your question. But the 7.5 tail light thread has members discussing those part numbers and there are people who have access to them.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Was discussed in another thread that you would also need to swap out the bumper and the fenders, to retrofit. Not sure if you saw that.

I know that doesn't answer your question. But the 7.5 tail light thread has members discussing those part numbers and there are people who have access to them.

So someone confirmed the MK7.5 refresh has fenders and hood has different part numbers in another thread?

The reason I ask is this would be odd for VW to do for a midcycle refresh.

As an example the tailights look to perfectly fit the old bumpers and hatch.

I also cant tell a difference between the hood and fenders on this car and the pre-refresh car. There were some p-shopped images that VW first released that showed a shortened space between the end of the headlight and the fender wheel well. However that was all trickery to give the illusion of more sport. All of the real world photos the lines look the same for the length and shape.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I haven't looked again but as far as I recall, in the 7.5 tail light thread, it was confirmed that the fender and bumper were different. Hood the same though.

Maybe have a read through that thread.

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
On the other hand the tooling for the metal is expensive and the number of people willing to do these types of mods is so small I can't imagine it's a factor. The parts may be different, but I doubt it's to make people buy a new car instead.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Pretty sure I read someone in the tail lights thread has seen the 7.5 to confirm bumper and fender changes...

nype

Drag Racing Champion

nype

Drag Racing Champion
True true...it doesn't seem certain...

I was mostly referring to post 8 from the user in Slovenia who has seen the 7.5 in person.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Post away!

Pretty sure I read someone in the tail lights thread has seen the 7.5 to confirm bumper and fender changes...
Front fenders are different, rear's the same. Therefore swapping front fenders is
highly likely necessary, while the LED tail lights will fit physically with just perhaps
swapping an ECU necessary (because of the "sweeping" indicator). That being
said, some basic points:

There are three versions of facelift GTI LED headlights (and two for the R):

- "low"/standard Bi-LED (LED DRL, low beam, high beam)
- "mid" LED (with additional both static and dynamic cornering lights)
- ""high" LED (with cornering lights and adaptive/"permanent" high beam incl. masking = Dynamic Light Assist)

And there are two LED tail lights:

- low LED (already "full LED" contrary to pre-FL; all lesser Golfs do come with these)
- high LED (different layout; with the "sweeping" indicator)

On some markets (Czech repuplic, Austria, Sweden) The GTI comes with just halogen
headlights and and low-LED while LED headlights and high-LED rears are an option,
while German and Swiss GTIs use to come with both LED headlights and high-LED
rears as standard. The Golf R uses to come with mid-LED headlights commonly.
To my knowledge, only the high-LED head lights come with both dual DRLs and dual
low-beam lights. Compare pictures, very most of them show GTIs, GTDs and Rs with
both inner and outer lights glowing, some others with just the outer light....

;)

Last edited: