GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver profile selection - retrofit possible?

mlewando

Ready to race!
Hello guys,

is it possible just to exchange the buttons near the gearknob and use the driver mode selection?

I have an European 'SE' model without such option, currently I have spotted there is an option in specs to order (my car didn't have such option).

Button looks like this one:

mlewando

Ready to race!
Well, the question is: Is it as simple as replacing buttons or more complicated as adding extra module? Reprogramming BCM? Some wiring?

iwhy

I've looking for same thing since my stock Highline mode wasn't equipped with this feature.

I think it could be possible also without this HW button because I think you can also select different profile from infotainment menu.

But as I do some research about this there was nobody successful in retrofitting this already. There are some guys on Skoda forums that was trying to code this on Octavia III which is the same platform and without success for now.

Looks like it isn't a such mod like enabling something over VCDS but it requires probably different SW in some module. But I think it's only a matter of time when somebody will figure this out.

jaysian

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have the part number for the switch assembly?

I'm looking to hardwire a radar detector mute button in place of the stock North American Blank switches

kimjoc

In BMW, it's as simple as install a button and conect two cables to get the M button... Maybe here is the same and some coding

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
No bug ? :)

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

?.NO bugs all working as per factory.............:cool:....ESC OFF retro fit that is..........

Ponchotg

Has this been done on the infotainment, with vcds changes or something, because if not is probably not possible... Hope it is as I am looking to add the ESC off button and wouldn't mind having the three buttons installed!

vqv

XaGiCo has a guide written in spanish:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6pihEceEMi2N1EyWmZMSlllenc/view?usp=drive_web

I've seen kits on aliexpress that include the 3 buttons and wiring harness.

VW has an official kit. Part number: 5G0 054 809. The instructions are here

It's not entirely clear, but it seems that you might need ODIS to activate the driver profile select. I believe that Golfdave already had driver profile enabled and was only adding an ESC On/Off button. So you might need to have a dealer activate it, after the switch is installed.

Edit: Fixed link to VW instruction manual

Last edited: