GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Village VW Chattanooga Oktoberfest Event

Last Friday night this event was held.
Made a trip over to look at cars and see what Mk7's might show up.
when I pulled in I first noticed a CSG MK7 GTI and decided to park next to it. Ended up being new forum member JC Emberton's car. We had talked thru the forum before hand. He is a very nice guy and was nice to talk about cars in person rather than over the internet. Later his Girlfriend showed up and she was equally as nice. JC had only had his car 2 months but had installed ED lights. I have heard about them but have never seen in person. They looked great and even better at night. A very cool bright color and was the best set of headlights on an MK7 including my LP lights.
The dealer had music, food, drinks and new cars on hand. A local VW club had the older VW cars on display and about 12 or so MK7, MK6, Mk5 and Mk4's showed up. Also a few Audi cars.

The most famous item at the event was not a car buy JC's dog.
I have never seen so many people come up and ask about a dog. A breed I did not feel was well known. He was French Bulldog. Young Girls to older ladies would stop by to see him.

Below are some pics from the event.

This Blue R was number 38 of the original 500. He had been busy with down pipe and exhaust, LED rear tail lights, intake, ECS wheel spacers. I think he was also tuned and he had the folding side mirrors.
IMG_2762.JPG

This R was purchased used by the owner the week before in Atlanta.
IMG_2765.JPG

This is my car. Make sure you take pics of your own car before dark.
IMG_2775.JPG

My car again along side JC's
IMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

This was a nice looking car. Well done.
IMG_2769.JPG

Very clean!
IMG_2770.JPG

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the honorable mention!! And yes, was great to talk shop in person. Always my preference. I appreciate the shared knowledge, walked away having had a good time with everyone. I wanted to apologize if I was very distracted though. So much going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem.
Loved both dogs.
Don't wait to long on your GF.
She is a good sport and a keeper.
Talk again.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Update on valved Eurowise exhaust.

In the link below I had posted earlier a video of a valved exhaust system made by Eurowise located in NC. I found out the system in the video is a one off unit. They can install more but they need your car to build up the system. The cost of the first one was $2,500. Said they could maybe do it for less.
Not sure I can justify that much but it is a interesting design and nice looking system. FYI.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=329712&postcount=512

IMG_2785.JPG

Royal1

Ready to race!
In the link below I had posted earlier a video of a valved exhaust system made by Eurowise located in NC. I found out the system in the video is a one off unit. They can install more but they need your car to build up the system. The cost of the first one was $2,500. Said they could maybe do it for less.
Not sure I can justify that much but it is a interesting design and nice looking system. FYI.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=329712&postcount=512

View attachment 11645
I saw this video earlier as well, but agree the price is a little steep. You could get a exhaust dump or even one of the valve exhausts armytrix makes for the same or even much less.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
YUM!

It has been posted before people wondering were smells come from in their MK7's. I replaced my cabin filter at 15,000 miles so at the 20,000 mile service I asked them to just leave the new filer in the back seat and I would install later. So at 28,000 I pulled it out. At first did not look that bad but when you open the folds one can see where the smells might come from. :eek: We have been very dry but in a wet period I could see this causing a smell issue.

Yes those are little bugs in the bottom of the folds.

So if you want to control smells maybe replace every 10,000 miles.

IMG_2787.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2790.JPG

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I love cabin filters!

My first two cars didn't have them and because of that the AC condenser would always get plugged up with gunk. Also I'd have random bits of stuff fly from the vents... Don't miss any of that mess.