GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone had issues with the mirror returning to random locations after they enable mirror dip?

I'm finding that it sometimes comes back to where it was before, but about 30% of the time it either returns so that I'm looking at the ground behind my car, or up at the sky.

Any tweaks to fix this?

Common problem if you don't have a memory module in the passenger-side mirror. Here's how to test if you do/don't have the module

Don

Mattism78

Ready to race!
^^^ Perhaps a better approach might be to read the error message (DTC) on the "Brake" control module (@ address hex03) and post it on the forum. You could need to re-calibrate something - only guessing, it's difficult to be precise without knowing the DTC.

Don

Oddly enough it doesn't show up in the error messages on OBDeleven. I took it to the dealership today to see if perhaps it was something mechanical. They looked and were puzzled because my car doesn't have brake pad sensors. They said that only the R have them.

ktbaird

Passed Driver's Ed
Oddly enough it doesn't show up in the error messages on OBDeleven. I took it to the dealership today to see if perhaps it was something mechanical. They looked and were puzzled because my car doesn't have brake pad sensors. They said that only the R have them.
Should the mirror dip work for both mirrors or just passenger side?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

newtoVW26

ok, new to VW and the car. what is vcds or whatever it's called and can these be done by the maint guys at the dealer or is this beyond there realm or obdeleven the only choice. thanks

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
ok, new to VW and the car. what is vcds or whatever it's called and can these be done by the maint guys at the dealer or is this beyond there realm or obdeleven the only choice. thanks

There are a number of different manufacturers of diagnostic cables for VW/Audi/Skoda vehicles in the VAG group. A Google search will identify them if you are interested! The more common cables are VCDS from Ross-Tech, VAGCOM Pro from VAG-tech, ODIS -from VW and the newer generation bluetooth dongles (not cables) like OBDeleven (OBD11).

All these cables have their advantages/disadvantages. I personally prefer the newest VCDS cable - HEX NET, because it is very stable product and it doesn't require any ongoing fees - but it is expensive! HEX NET can also be used as a dongle (WIFI), or as a cable! I have a VAGCOM Pro cable as well - its good too, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are not an experienced cable user as it's not easy to use - plus it's also expensive and there are ongoing fees!!

Which option suits you depends on your personal preference and how you intend to use the device - and what price you are prepared to pay! Because you are a newbie, or if you don't believe that you will be a big-user - it might be better to start with a "low-end" device like OBD11.

OBD11 can only be used if you have a good internet signal at the point-of-use. If you garage your car in a basement, consider this aspect! The other aspect of OBD11 is the Android operating platform (not sure that it can be used on Apple devices - I think not). I find OBD11 to be very slow compared to HEX NET and it doesn't have some of the VCDS features that I find to be useful, but it is much cheaper -so I can forgive OBD11 for these deficiencies!

But the choice is entirely yours!!

Don

PS: As to your question about VW dealerships, they generally don't/won't make the sorts of changes that are discussed here. This doesn't mean that they are somehow deficient in their skills - it's just that VW Head Office doesn't condone making these types of changes as a post sale service. VW likes their vehicles to have standard features as per factory settings!

PPS: The final point that's worth noting (given your newbie status) is that making changes to the settings in your brand-new car has its benefits - but it also has its risks. Proceed carefully, try to make a few errors if at all possible (because this is how you will learn), but make sure that the errors are reversible!!

PPPS: .........And a final, final - very important point. DON'T UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A PIRATE/FAKE CABLE!! Don't fool yourself into believing that you are somehow innocent in the act of IP theft simply because you are a buyer. Such considerations are self-serving nonsense!! Those that do buy fake cables invariable find-out that their purchases use out-of-date software that won't work on many of the newer features of the mk7 (the software can't be updated!!)

Last edited:

mathcsx

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a question right now because I just ordered a set of led bulbs from Deautoled

On this video we can see how dim the flashers are with the stock setting

https://youtu.be/pMX1O818mqc

Im trying to do the same as This video except I Don't want the inner lights to open with the brake lights and flash ,but I do want the outside lights to turn off completely like that (basically keep the stock look except making the outside lights turn off when flashing)

We can see what I want at 0,22secs

https://youtu.be/xZzYpYE3nRE

Edit: this is something I can deal with if someone have the codding !
https://youtu.be/1gOjrdxtQf4

Send from 6s

Last edited:

newtoVW26

There are a number of different manufacturers of diagnostic cables for VW/Audi/Skoda vehicles in the VAG group. A Google search will identify them if you are interested! The more common cables are VCDS from Ross-Tech, VAGCOM Pro from VAG-tech, ODIS -from VW and the newer generation bluetooth dongles (not cables) like OBDeleven (OBD11).

All these cables have their advantages/disadvantages. I personally prefer the newest VCDS cable - HEX NET, because it is very stable product and it doesn't require any ongoing fees - but it is expensive! HEX NET can also be used as a dongle (WIFI), or as a cable! I have a VAGCOM Pro cable as well - its good too, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are not an experienced cable user as it's not easy to use - plus it's also expensive and there are ongoing fees!!

Which option suits you depends on your personal preference and how you intend to use the device - and what price you are prepared to pay! Because you are a newbie, or if you don't believe that you will be a big-user - it might be better to start with a "low-end" device like OBD11.

OBD11 can only be used if you have a good internet signal at the point-of-use. If you garage your car in a basement, consider this aspect! The other aspect of OBD11 is the Android operating platform (not sure that it can be used on Apple devices - I think not). I find OBD11 to be very slow compared to HEX NET and it doesn't have some of the VCDS features that I find to be useful, but it is much cheaper -so I can forgive OBD11 for these deficiencies!

But the choice is entirely yours!!

Don

PS: As to your question about VW dealerships, they generally don't/won't make the sorts of changes that are discussed here. This doesn't mean that they are somehow deficient in their skills - it's just that VW Head Office doesn't condone making these types of changes as a post sale service. VW likes their vehicles to have standard features as per factory settings!

PPS: The final point that's worth noting (given your newbie status) is that making changes to the settings in your brand-new car has its benefits - but it also has its risks. Proceed carefully, try to make a few errors if at all possible (because this is how you will learn), but make sure that the errors are reversible!!

PPPS: .........And a final, final - very important point. DON'T UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A PIRATE/FAKE CABLE!! Don't fool yourself into believing that you are somehow innocent in the act of IP theft simply because you are a buyer. Such considerations are self-serving nonsense!! Those that do buy fake cables invariable find-out that their purchases use out-of-date software that won't work on many of the newer features of the mk7 (the software can't be updated!!)

thanks for the advice/help. either way i will proceed with caution

BakedHam

Passed Driver's Ed
Help, can't seem to find instructions on how to code my power folding mirrors with this obd11, was able to code them to fold in when parked but still need to be able to tell the car I now have motorized mirrors and puddle lights...

mathcsx

Passed Driver's Ed
Tonight I found something very important , I was trying to do it for quite some times.

Having full brightness of DRL when the fogs are ON!

UPDATED FOR MY2016 with euroswitch

Full Brightness of DRLs for Parking lights with fogs ON

09 - Central Electronics
Adaptation - 10
(10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmewert EF 3 -> 100 (default 26)
(10)-leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 -> 100 (default 26)

Then this one work like a charm with my euroswitch

Send from 6s

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Tonight I found something very important , I was trying to do it for quite some times.

Having full brightness of DRL when the fogs are ON!

UPDATED FOR MY2016 with euroswitch

Full Brightness of DRLs for Parking lights with fogs ON

09 - Central Electronics
Adaptation - 10
(10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmewert EF 3 -> 100 (default 26)
(10)-leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 -> 100 (default 26)

Then this one work like a charm with my euroswitch

Send from 6s

mathcsx: Just a word of caution about your tweak change. There's nothing wrong with what you are proposing, but be aware that by making this change the Single Sided Parking Light function is also fully illuminated (to 100%) -it's the "Parklicht rechts" command in your picture that enables SSPL (an entirely different command is used for SSPL for the left-side DRL). This means that there will be a higher current drawn from the battery for an extended period of time when the car is not running and SSPL is selected. Not a problem if you have plenty of charge in the battery, or if you don't leave SSPL turned-on for a long period, or if you have LED lamps. But it is something to be aware-of IMO

Don

mathcsx

Passed Driver's Ed
mathcsx: Just a word of caution about your tweak change. There's nothing wrong with what you are proposing, but be aware that by making this change the Single Sided Parking Light function is also fully illuminated (to 100%) -it's the "Parklicht rechts" command in your picture that enables SSPL (an entirely different command is used for SSPL for the left-side DRL). This means that there will be a higher current drawn from the battery for an extended period of time when the car is not running and SSPL is selected. Not a problem if you have plenty of charge in the battery, or if you don't leave SSPL turned-on for a long period, or if you have LED lamps. But it is something to be aware-of IMO

Don

Well I didnt touch anything in there except the dimmwert Ef that I switch to 100 instead of 26, im not really sure to understand that correctly ?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Well I didnt touch anything in there except the dimmwert Ef that I switch to 100 instead of 26, im not really sure to understand that correctly ?

Don (the god;)) is saying that channel also controls the parking light (6th line down on pic) so your parking lights as well as side lights will be full brightness if and when you use them so make sure you don't leave them too long when parked up unless you have jump leads for the flat battery.