GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enable "Hot Country" A/C with Obdeleven?

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know the exact bits I need to flip to enable the "hot country" setting for A/C? There was a thread on Vortex about how to enable it but they used the Long Coding Helper on VCDS and I have an obdeleven. If anyone knows the exact coding and could share that would be awesome :) Some bits are named in a way that make me think they're what I'm looking for, but I don't want to experiment and flip multiple bits of code if I don't know the exact coding for this setting.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Does anyone know the exact bits I need to flip to enable the "hot country" setting for A/C? There was a thread on Vortex about how to enable it but they used the Long Coding Helper on VCDS and I have an obdeleven. If anyone knows the exact coding and could share that would be awesome :) Some bits are named in a way that make me think they're what I'm looking for, but I don't want to experiment and flip multiple bits of code if I don't know the exact coding for this setting.

please read EDIT
euroadb: Here's how to do it!:

CHANGING AIR-CON TO "HOT COUNTRIES"

Using VCDS cable

Using OBD11 dongle

Screenshots from my car - being from Australia where is gets very hot, my car is set-up for "Hot countries"

Don
EDIT: I'm not an expert on AC systems and I have no knowledge of how appropriate this tweak is for cars that have a factory setting of "normal". Please consider this before making any changes

Last edited:

Tone1

Ready to race!
This is ... just wonderful. Is it a huge difference?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
This is ... just wonderful. Is it a huge difference?

Tone: how hot can it possibly get in Michigan? Surely not as hot as down here!!

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the screenshots! I wasn't sure if that was the only setting I needed to change since it's listed as "Bit 4-7" in VCDS; I thought it might have been multiple settings I needed to change. Is the "Blower Adjustment" also a part of this? I noticed your's is set to "Increased Blower Speed..."

soundmike

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm curious about this setting and would like to try it out. DV, thanks for the screenshot for VCDS, any chance you have a step-by-step for changing the settings?

We've hit the century mark (37C) with 85% humidity these past few days here in TX. The AC is working overtime and although it eventually starts blowing noticeably cold(er) air after about 15 minutes on the freeway, it takes quite a while for the cabin to cool down and for things to get comfortable.

If this tweak makes a noticeable difference, i'm all for it!

Tone1

Ready to race!
Tone: how hot can it possibly get in Michigan? Surely not as hot as down here!!

Haha no most definitely not, but I don't do well in hot weather. Anything above about 80F gets to me, so on the 95F+ degree days we have comin up this would be a huge help. Thanks as always for your wizardry

edit// Is there just one big long coding list? Or is this in the adaptations of a module somewhere that I'm not seeing from the pictures?

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
I'd like to know what this does exactly. Anyone have a idea of what this really does? Does this only work for Auto-Climate systems, or do the standard AC systems also benefit from this?

tex1

Passed Driver's Ed
If anyone has actually tried this, can they report if the difference was significant? Here in texas, the summers can be brutal. I'd buy an obdeleven just for this. I only have the standard A/C system though.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Just done it and just starting the car and putting on Max AC it seemed to get cooler than usual quicker. In fact my fingers are tingling from holding them in front of the vent and it never got that cold before....... Could be all psychological though........:D

*edit*

Thanks DV52 for showing us the way...

Last edited:

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to know what this does exactly. Anyone have a idea of what this really does? Does this only work for Auto-Climate systems, or do the standard AC systems also benefit from this?

If anyone has actually tried this, can they report if the difference was significant? Here in texas, the summers can be brutal. I'd buy an obdeleven just for this. I only have the standard A/C system though.

There was a thread on Vortex where a user said it gets ice cold and cools much faster. I don't know if they had climate control or not. My guess is that if VW deem that your climate isn't hot, that they reduce the max output of your A/C for fuel economy. NJ def gets hot enough for me to want to turn this on. I'll try today after work and report my findings.

Tone1

Ready to race!
Can someone point me in the direction of the module where this is found? Cant seem to discern it from the pictures