GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
ya you don't have to tell me twice. I decided to replace her for hitting the brakes with an old brake rotor jammed between the pedal and the floor mat. Only advantage of having her do it is I can have her pump the brakes off and on.

Hire the neighbors kid.
While he is helping you teach him the mod rules. :D
They are never to young to learn.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
https://youtu.be/PLuEuqiWV8k
I don't think these night videos are as good as daytime because the cameras are overexposed when exposed to the lights in the dark but if you look at second 14 when the brakes come on pause it , the led is drivers side OE is on the right

I hate to tell you but the LED's look better. The color is correct (red not orange).
They react faster and I honestly feel they are overall brighter.
Trust me I am a forum member. Would I lie to you?
You are thinking too much.
Install them and then on to the next mod! :cool:
It's like the 2 minute drill in football.
Keep getting first downs. Move on.

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion
I hate to tell you but the LED's look better. The color is correct (red not orange).
They react faster and I honestly feel they are overall brighter.
Trust me I am a forum member. Would I lie to you?
You are thinking too much.
Install them and then on to the next mod! :cool:
It's like the 2 minute drill in football.
Keep getting first downs. Move on.

I agree they are more red which is nice but when I paused it and looked at the brake lights the one on the right was bright enough that the backwards L in the light basically disappears definitely not so on the left . In the day and in person you don't get that overexposed effect but can see the difference.The one area where I agree is that the led turn signals are way better , the way they come on and off . The OE's never seem to go all the way off. I probably am thinking too much about it but when I get something in my head like this I fixate until I make my call then I move on. Thanks for taking the time to look and offer your opinion another set of eyes is always helpful.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Good deed for the day.

Went to town this morning on way to Walmart for wife.
Missed my turn, so came around back thru another stores parking lot.
On the way back in this other lot I noticed and older F150 coming my way with a very wobbly front wheel. It was not bent as the movement was too much.
I could not get the persons attention when I passed him so as in my favorite Korean GTI commercial (posted in my thread), I shifted to sport manual and made it back around the lot and was now behind the truck in question. At the stop sign he was clear so entered a main road and stopped at the red light at our largest intersection in town. I was behind and know it is not safe to get out of the car at a red light and especially this one. But, the direction he was headed leads out of town and to a 55mph zone. Very soon his wheel was coming off, so I shifted to Park, set parking brake and got out. He knew I was coming and rolled the window down. I told him about the wheel but he spoke little English and I spoke little Spanish. He was a gentleman in his late 50s early 60's and even with the language issue he understood my gestures and asked if it was on driver side. I said no the other side. I said, very bad, pull over and drive slow. He left and drove slow and pulled in at Lowes. I had to go thru the light now and turned back thru the back side of Lowes. I wanted to make sure he knew what to check so pulled up next to him. I understood his English "Very Bad"! When I rolled my window down and he started to tell me in Spanish what I think was about someone doing work on his wheel as he pointed in that direction. I looked down and noticed 2 studs with no nuts and the other 3 were very loose as I could see threads behind each as the nuts now did not touch the wheel. I asked if he needed help. He thanked me and said OK.
My wife thinks I will get in trouble one day following people when I see a safety issue but most people will not help. As I followed him thru the parking lot slowly, 3 people walking noticed the wheel as he drove by but did not signal or yell at him. It is good to help as in this case his wheel was going to come off.

So if you see something wrong, help them out.
I know I would want someone to track me down and help.

Last edited:

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion