GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

DW58

Go Kart Champion

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Ah, I see.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I have heard somewhere, that post BW45 cars have this option as a standard.
Correct - we are waiting for someone with a post BW45 car to hook it up to VCDS and examine the door coding. This does not appear to have happened yet although to be fair there are probably not that many post BW45 cars around yet and of those I guess not too many owners have VCDS or access to it.

UPDATE: This is being looked in to now - 10 january!

Last edited:

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Start/Stop deactivation follow up

I have been searching in VCDS for a “setting” which have to do with battery status and S/S functionality. This is what I have found:

19 CAN Gateway - 10 Adaptation

Channel: Start_stop_voltage_limit
value 7.6 v changed to 12 v

The value 7.6 v is a value far to low to run a car so I don’t think this is a voltage value, more a “scaled” value perhaps some type of percentage.

I have tested it with the value 10 v and the car run okay without any engine stops when I stopped the car for red lights and smaller traffic jams. After this exercise I changed the value to 12 v. (Highest acceptable value is 12.1). Then it was time for new tests and the outcome was good. The “A” symbol “over lined” was shown in the MFD when the car wasn’t moving as expected during both tests.

This is the only setting at the moment I have changed (regarding S/S), nothing else.

I did also run an error scan this evening, no errors found connected to this change.

You must be aware of that you have to test the change on your own risk, I haven’t verified if you can or should do this change with anyone…. It’s just a homemade conclusion – no warranty! :D:D

/Peter

Last edited:

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
That can only be done by changing the entire door mirror units (to electrically folding ones with memory function on the kerb facing side) I'm afraid.

PS - My post #34 above - we are looking in to the feasibilty of doing this on post BW45 cars now (now finally have VCDS analysis for pre and post BW45).

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Correct - we are waiting for someone with a post BW45 car to hook it up to VCDS and examine the door coding. This does not appear to have happened yet although to be fair there are probably not that many post BW45 cars around yet and of those I guess not too many owners have VCDS or access to it.

UPDATE: This is being looked in to now - 10 january!

I'd love to get mine changed to unfolding on unlocking if that turns out to be possible - for example if I get back to the car first and have to sit there for a while I'd like the mirrors to be un-folded without having to switch on the ignition.

Guess I'm going to have to invest in VCDS as I doubt there's anyone near me with it.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Sadly the investigation has not yielded a VCDS fix to this one...

DW58

Go Kart Champion
:(

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
It appeared to be hardware related - possibly the mirrors themselves or the door controllers.

kevinm1

Ready to race!
The door controllers on pre-bw45 are revision A, post-bw45 get revision B.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
They are indeed, it was your scans that showed it! - 'jivemonkey' tried pasting in the door controller (42) long coding from your post BW45 car ( 003F1220D001040100001000) but that had no effect on his pre BW45 cars operation. So it must be something else, physical. in the controller which is different outside of coding and produced the altered part number.

Last edited:

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I LOVE to tinker as much as the next man but doesn't meddling with the VCDS invalidate your warranty? Surely the risks are massive if you don't know what your doing. What happens if a VW technicians spots the VCDS has been changed next time your car is serviced ?. Every insurance policy asks has your car been modified... Is it possible to wind back the Odometer in the VCDS.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
I LOVE to tinker as much as the next man but doesn't meddling with the VCDS invalidate your warranty? Surely the risks are massive if you don't know what your doing. What happens if a VW technicians spots the VCDS has been changed next time your car is serviced ?. Every insurance policy asks has your car been modified... Is it possible to wind back the Odometer in the VCDS.

You must know what you are doing :).

I’m not an advanced VCDS user but so far I can’t see the problem. It depends if the warranty issue is connected to what you have done with VCDS. I had my car last Friday for a warranty repair and no one asked about the tweaks I have done on the car. If you are worried reset those to OEM standard value before you visit the VAG workshop. It’s always good to have documentation of the changes you have done if you want to reverse them.

It’s not possible to manipulate the odometer from what I know.

/Peter