GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

SG.:R

Hi, how to disable the brake pad warning light please?

My brake wear connector/sensor was disconnected as I have changed the front brake kit which doesn't have brake wear sensor.

Thanks.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi, how to disable the brake pad warning light please?

My brake wear connector/sensor was disconnected as I have changed the front brake kit which doesn't have brake wear sensor.

Thanks.

SG.:R - hello.

The VCDS way to deal with your problem is to make the coding change below to BYTE 4, BIT 7 on the BCM (address hex09).

The other (more intuitive) way of dealing with your question is to use the mechanical approach (rather than through a coding change). I've posted below a portion of the wiring diagram that relates to the brake pad wear sensor. As you can see the wear switch is a simple wire that shorts PIN #12 on socket B of the BCM to earth. So why not connect the red wire at the brake pad to an earth point? This should simulate the function of G35 - I think
Don

Last edited:

S1nrgy

I was able to get keyfob Windows and passenger mirror dip to work but even when I changed my one touch blinks to 5 blinks, it still only does 3. Anyone run into this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I was able to get keyfob Windows and passenger mirror dip to work but even when I changed my one touch blinks to 5 blinks, it still only does 3. Anyone run into this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S1nrgy: Good morning.
Yes, your blinker dilemma is a well known problem. The issue has to do with the need to reset the control module (i.e. BCM) after you made the changes. I wrote-up the instructions for the fix on the link below (see the "error-fix" portion of the post").
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...s-golf-mk7-84619-post1067420.html#post1067420
cheers
Don

Last edited:

moveingfaster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
I installed the power folding mirrors today and wanted to activate the drivers mirror to dip in reverse. I have it already activated on the passenger side. Anyone know the codes?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I installed the power folding mirrors today and wanted to activate the drivers mirror to dip in reverse. I have it already activated on the passenger side. Anyone know the codes?

MK7NJ: here you go!!

It's in control module @ hex address hex44 (Door Elec-Driver), Byte 4 , Bit2 & Bit 3 . I assume that you have the memory facility in the driver's side door control module
Cheers
Don

Last edited:

themyst

Ready to race!

It's in control module @ hex address hex44 (Door Elec-Driver), Byte 4 , Bit2 & Bit 3
Cheers
Don

does anyone know if the non power folding mirrors support tilting down when in reverse through coding?

S1nrgy

duke10990

Ready to race!
Yes non power folding mirrors can do the reverse dip. I have non power folding mirrors and when the mirror stalk is set to the "right" mirror and in reverse it will dip and when you set stalk back to middle or go to first gear and roll away it will come back. However some people report the mirror restoring to a random position. I have had this happen as I dont have a passenger seat with memory settings. But I think i can count on 4 fingers the times its restored to a weird position. Overall love that coding. When you need it its phenom.

moveingfaster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32

It's in control module @ hex address hex44 (Door Elec-Driver), Byte 4 , Bit2 & Bit 3 . I assume that you have the memory facility in the driver's side door control module
Cheers
Don

Thank you. I don't think I have the memory in my control module cause it won't work. But I did the codes for the passenger side and that works.

Don, thank you for your prompt response and solutions to my brake pad warning light issue. [emoji1]
Matt

.:R

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Dear Don, please advise where can I find BCM in vcds?

Thanks =)

SG.:R: Hello, "BCM" is short for Body Control Module and you will find this term in the autoscan report for your car under address 09. Here's a section of the autoscan from my car in which I have highlighted the term:

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 5Q0-937-08X-MV1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 937 084 N HW: 5Q0 937 084 N
Component: BCM MQBAB M H14 0106
Serial number: 00011234701612
Coding: 03001842C24102FB0FA4400000040308100A000000000000000000000000
Shop #: WSC 00028 028 00025
ASAM Dataset: EV_BCMCONTI 010001
ROD: EV_BCMBOSCH_VW37.rod
VCID: 4385A3B4CA9819203E-8016

To access the BCM using a VCDS cable, click on the highlighted tab in the Select Control Module screen as shown below.
Cheers
Don

cool... got it Don. Thanks very much again :)

SG.:R: Hello, "BCM" is short for Body Control Module and you will find this term in the autoscan report for your car under address 09. Here's a section of the autoscan from my car in which I have highlighted the term:

To access the BCM using a VCDS cable, click on the highlighted tab in the Select Control Module screen as shown below.
Cheers
Don