GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sandman GTI MK7 PP DCC Lighting Pkg - The Journey begins!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Hang in there! Soon enough you'll have the car you want!

midnightowl

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh man that sucks but it'll be worth the wait and a little bit more special when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Well the car that I thought was mine came into dealer today! Only issue, it was not built to my spec'd order.
My car is due to build in Mid March.
Crazy, it's real shame. :( Hope it'll be built earlier.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
SandmanGTI, just a heads up, my dealer emailed me that my DCC equipped GTI will be in port on 4/3. I don't know how often they have shipments, but I would hope yours would be here no later than mine.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
The PP is great. Brakes are amazing.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
SandmanGTI, just a heads up, my dealer emailed me that my DCC equipped GTI will be in port on 4/3. I don't know how often they have shipments, but I would hope yours would be here no later than mine.

Thanks for info! :cool: Last time I heard update on the first car it was built and sitting on dock in Mexico. Last I heard from dealer it was a mid March build and then ship. So an April 3rd delivery sounds in line. Maybe they will be on same boat. The last car that dealer thought was mine made it here a lot faster than I thought it would once sitting on dock in Mexico. In total I think 10 days once on boat.
It has seemed like forever. I have started buying some items to entertain myself. However the extra time is good since we have had such cold and bad weather. Drove to work today on ice.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for info! :cool: Last time I heard update on the first car it was built and sitting on dock in Mexico. Last I heard from dealer it was a mid March build and then ship. So an April 3rd delivery sounds in line. Maybe they will be on same boat. The last car that dealer thought was mine made it here a lot faster than I thought it would once sitting on dock in Mexico. In total I think 10 days once on boat.
It has seemed like forever. I have started buying some items to entertain myself. However the extra time is good since we have had such cold and bad weather. Drove to work today on ice.

Sound about right on the delivery. I was quoted April 10-17.

I saw the weather in TN was really bad. Guess there was a bad pile up in KY.

I have been researching mods myself, but have held off on buying anything until I actually get the car. Of course the only mods I have in mind are somewhat pricey. (Wheels/tires/RSB) Also, window tint, but I kinda need the car for that!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The PP is great. Brakes are amazing.

Sound about right on the delivery. I was quoted April 10-17.

I saw the weather in TN was really bad. Guess there was a bad pile up in KY.

I have been researching mods myself, but have held off on buying anything until I actually get the car. Of course the only mods I have in mind are somewhat pricey. (Wheels/tires/RSB) Also, window tint, but I kinda need the car for that!

My biggest item has been WeatherTech mats. I thought car was coming in January so ordered them to have them early and help keep clean. The other items are smaller cosmetic things. I look more than buy.

Let me know when you hear more on your order!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Spring!

Spring time has arrived in Tennessee!
Car was to be built Mid March.
Have not heard any update yet.
With these warm days, sure would be nice to take a drive in a new GTI.:(

IMG_0536.JPG

Last edited:

petroglyphix

Ready to race!
Very nice Sandman. I'm eager to read your thoughts on the PP and DCC combination. I ordered a white 2-door with the same specs early this month and I'm already finding it difficult to keep from my thoughts; I commend the ability to handle the mishap with your order. Until then we'll both go on in our green gas guzzlers.:cool: Happy spring to you and the wife!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Very nice Sandman. I'm eager to read your thoughts on the PP and DCC combination. I ordered a white 2-door with the same specs early this month and I'm already finding it difficult to keep from my thoughts; I commend the ability to handle the mishap with your order. Until then we'll both go on in our green gas guzzlers.:cool: Happy spring to you and the wife!

Thanks. Will not be long and spring will come to the "Great North"!
I have enjoyed reading and learning about the car. Have used much info in working with my dealer on delivery check items. I need my new car because the tires on my truck are getting closer to the end and I would rather not buy now if it will soon become an occasional hauler.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Got the call!

Received the call this week on Tuesday that my car had arrived at dealer.
Below pictures are right after unloading. Pics dealer rep took for me.
Still wrapped in plastic.
The window sticker looks right this time.
Having to wait until Saturday to pic it up.:D

Will post pictures next week.
I have not seen it cleaned up yet.

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Let your dealer know that you don't want anybody to test drive your new car like a potential buyer that maybe looking for PP and yours is the only one they have to test drive.

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
Appears to be a twin to mine. I lucked out, finding it in inventory a month ago. Same color, PP, DCC, LP, and mat kit. Deciding on aftermarket changes now like tune, wheels/tires, etc. I delivered my Mk6 with APR tune, rear sway bar, wheels/summer tires, hipo pads, & shifter the same day as driving home the new one. Pleased so far!