GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI by Oettinger

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I kindda like the bodykit! especially the rear-end. but 350bhb?! from a mere exhaust, intake & intercooler! seriously this number seems so unrealistic....this is MK6 ko4 power :confused: zoom out to see the full photo :eek:

article and gallery in the link below

http://www.eurotuner.com/news/1307_volkswagen_golf_gti_mk7/

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Not too shabby, I would like it more if the front spoiler was molded to the bumper so it looks like 1 part. Same goes for rear diffuser.

They must have forgotten to mention the tune :D And probably a bigger turbo :p

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Maybe I'm getting old, but I find extended spoilers and air dams silly and cheapen the look of a great car. That's too boy-racer for me, it is the conservative understated look of the GTI that attracted to me in the first place (and 230BHP :)).

I am even considering de-badging mine...

Go Kart Champion
Maybe I'm getting old, but I find extended spoilers and air dams silly and cheapen the look of a great car. That's too boy-racer for me, it is the conservative understated look of the GTI that attracted to me in the first place (and 230BHP :)).

I am even considering de-badging mine...

I'm all about the OEM+ look, my mkv was debadged, lowered and color matched lower bumpers.

I wouldn't get one but some of these body kits don't look that bad

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Well, that look might suit you Gulf boy-racers, but to me it's fugly, a nice car ruined.

BTW, please don't post these massive photos, see what it does to the page width, they reallt don't need to be any bigger than 800x600 for the forum.

Go Kart Champion
^ I wouldn't generalize, this is a car forum. from the gulf or not. some will hate it some will like it. i doubt that ethnic affiliation has something to do with this.

going back to OT, the Red is too much for me and as i stated the body kit looks a bit off (i dont like the bumper looks like 2 pieces) and i would prefer a more subtle change if i decided to do something :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
My apologies, I guess the European boy-racers will like it as well, it's just not to my rather conservative Old Fart's taste.

To my taste the wheels re the worst aspect, but there again when it comes to wheels I'm über-conservative. I'm not a fan of the red additions either.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I don't like the wheels as well, but the rear diffuser with 4 massive tips certainly got my attention! I guess I'm a Gulf boy-racer then LOL :eek:

After all, if people had the exact same taste only 1 or 2 modification companies would exist ;)

p.s sorry about the photo I just took it's link and inserted it to the thread, I have no idea how to resize an already-uploaded photo :)

^ I wouldn't generalize, this is a car forum. from the gulf or not. some will hate it some will like it. i doubt that ethnic affiliation has something to do with this.

thank you, well said :D

Go Kart Champion
My apologies, I guess the European boy-racers will like it as well, it's just not to my rather conservative Old Fart's taste.

To my taste the wheels re the worst aspect, but there again when it comes to wheels I'm über-conservative. I'm not a fan of the red additions either.

Lol :D its all good. Wheels aren't my cup of tea either

Go Kart Champion
at this level of hardware; tune is there by default :p but a bigger turbo is not something that typically would be forgotten!

Haha yea, btw APR displayed an mk7. In h2o and they mentioned they have a k04 kit in development as well as a stage 3 GTX system :D

I can't wait to see what numbers the gen3 2.0T can produce.

P.s if you want quad tips, why not wait for the R bumper and get a custom catback

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I saw their car, the stance was nice! However, I didn't see anything about a turbo....I've been trying to contact them whether anything will be released soon. I never got a clear response!

naah I've never admired a car conversion kit, it feels like "my car is ugly lemme convert it to an upper version which I probably couldn't afford" like 5.0 guys getting Shelby bodykit or Lancer guys getting Evo body parts...it's either gonna be a stock GTI or a modified GTI; but never an R-wannabe GTI ;) a lot of people might disagree, for those I say let's just agree to disagree :D

plus imho in the mk7's case, the R isn't any better looking then the GTI at all ( "maybe" the wheels, lights and that's about it!)

Black&White

Passed Driver's Ed
Am I the only one who noticed the wheels are photoshopped in.
They couldn't even put a decent set of rims on it.....

Plus the whole cars hideous, only thing I like is the ride height.... otherwise yuk