GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Xenon Headlights Fogging/Condensation

Evening Guys, just got my Carbon Grey Golf GTD. Noticed the front xenon headlights are fogging up considerably. I live in the UK and recently the temperatures have began dropping from around 10degrees to 2/3 degrees. Has anyone else got this issue? Only had my car 1 day so I'm not happy with this.
Many Thanks

Burdman

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup, mine did the same thing for the first month. Most likely due to the humidity level during assembly and usually only shows when cold outside. After a while it never happened again.

thanks for the responses guys, just got logged on. the car has done 5000 miles with the previous owner though and they are fogging up badly. should i just keep my dipped beam on more? what are your thoughts? Cheers Morgan

murtaza911

Ready to race!
My car did this the first day too. The heat of the headlights made the fog evaporate, and they have been clear since.
Though I have only had my car for a week so far ;)

blower

Ready to race!
I have a mk6 that's done this from new. Only happens in wet/cold weather - it does clear but I see it a lot in the winter.

Mine just fog a bit on the bottom...i'm thinking maybe if I shove a silica gel pad in the via the bulb changing cap and seal up the rubber vent tubes it will keep them fog free. It doesn't bother me that much so have not messed with it yet (despite seeing it for 3 years)

milan392

I have the same issue with my Golf Mk7 GTD but it goes away, its annoying but pointless taking it to the dealer as i have been reading that it comes and goes due to weather change.