GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Pressure Monitor Error Code

ModdedMK7.5

Car(s)
2018 MK7.5 GTI
Hello all, I'm in need in some help on something I cannot seem to figure out for almost a month, but may think this is the solution. Recently, I installed an IS38 Turbo and Dead-set Subframe kit from CTS Turbo, as well as, flashed the car with a tune by EQT for the turbo. After driving the car for a while this error message appears on the dash. I checked all 4 tires (Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS) for any punctures, leaks and pressure readings. All 4 are in good condition and have nothing abnormal to them. I tried resetting the pressure monitoring system, but the same message keeps reappearing. I even tried flashing the car with a different tune and, yet, this message still appears.

Now what I think may be the cause are some missing hardware on the subframe when installing the dead-set kit. (As shown in the pictures with the blue circles.) If anyone knows what size and thread pitch or even the part number for these, or if there is another way to clear this error code, please feel free to comment. Any help will be appreciated! (Sorry for the super long text, it's a lot to explain)
😅

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8143.jpg
    IMG_8143.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8142.jpg
    IMG_8142.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8141.jpg
    IMG_8141.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8076.jpg
    IMG_8076.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 24

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The TPMS system uses the existing ABS sensors....nothing else....If the tyres are holding pressure ok & you have reset the systems, then you have a defective ABS sensor...or you have "nicked" the ABS wiring when doing the subframe install...

P.S,. those three screw threads at the front of the subframe are for the reinforced skid tray...or the long "aero" cover...see my thread...

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...nder-trays-stone-guards-to-a-mk7-golf.320687/

Jachas

Ready to race!
Car(s)
A3 8V
Do you have TPMS with sensors (direct measurement) or TPMS that uses ABS (indirect one)? If first one, check with VCDS/OBD11 fault codes. If second one, have you changed tyres to different size?