GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stained/Discolored LED door sils

Mukai92

Car(s)
VW Golf GTD MK7.5
Hey guys, recently picked up a 2017 Mk7.5 Golf GTD and absolutely loving it so far.

I'm going through it now trying to fix some of the cosmetic defects as best as an amateur can. One of these minor defects is my led door sill on the passenger side (left hand side)

I don't know how to restore this to the metallic look the driver's side has.

I've attached 2 photos of what it looks like

Attachments

• 20230425_164002.jpg
    20230425_164002.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • 20230425_163950.jpg
    20230425_163950.jpg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Difficult to tell from the pictures but it looks as if the sill plates were protected with a clear lacquer coat when they were manufactured and that clear coat has worn away in places over time; hence the difference in shade / appearance of the worn sections compared to those parts where the clear coat is intact.

Strange that it’s only the passenger side that’s affected.

QuirkyTurtle

Car(s)
2018 GTI
Difficult to tell from the pictures but it looks as if the sill plates were protected with a clear lacquer coat when they were manufactured and that clear coat has worn away in places over time; hence the difference in shade / appearance of the worn sections compared to those parts where the clear coat is intact.

Strange that it’s only the passenger side that’s affected.
I drive passengers a lot and the passenger side of the car is always more fucked than the driver side. People just don’t gaf