GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing front bumper

solvalou

Hi.

I'm trying to remove the front bumper of my Golf mk7 TSI but I am having problems on this specific part in the picture. I removed the first screw on the left but I can't find the second screw (the one circled in black). Someone told me that that second screw doesn't exist but I read in another forum that there is indeed that second screw. Because of that, I didn't pull the bumper strongly . I was scared of braking it if therer was really a screw there.

Does anyone know if there are 2 screws or just 1 screw there?

Is there any tip on how should I apply force to unsnap de bumper? Like any specific direction I need to move it.. etc

Any help greatly apreciated

(I found this picture on the internet. I was never able to remove the bumper like you see in this picture.)

Ronin3

Ready to race!
There is just the one screw there on the edge of the wing not near the headlight.

Remove the grill and you will see further bolts to remove.

Take torx head bolts from the tray underneath the car to allow the bumper to pull away from the car.

I was never able to fully remove my bumper when I tried.

Hopefully someone will post a diagram showing where all the bolts are to remove.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looks awesome..did you originally have bi xenon's with the single "U" DRL? or halogens?

I'm looking for something similar but the problem is they are all halogen replacement

Did it require any VCDS coding?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thanks!

congrats on beating the Cameroon :D

solvalou

so how did you remove the bumper?

You mean how did I remove that part that was giving me problems or a full how to remove the whole bumper tutorial.

If it's just that side part in the picture above, you need to unscrew 2 x M10 size hexagonal screws that are inside the bumper facing down (they are upside down). You have access to them by moving the internal protection (that black thing inside the wheel compartment. don't know how you call it in english) a little bit back so you can put your hand inside the bumper. You don't need to completely unscrew them. Just enough to get it a bit loose and allow you to unsnap the bumper at that section.

GoTime1

Ready to race!
ah ok, thanks. Was asking so that if someone else searches in the future there will be an answer. Many times threads like this are created posting a question and the OP says he is sorted without posting the actual solution.

Well done

fluidd

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok. Managed to do it. Installed my new after market headlights :)

Can you post a link to the aftermarket headlights that you bought?
How is the quality and build of the part? Does it come with Bi-Xenons and AFS capability as well?

If its a good alternative, I may consider them.

Originally I was thinking of the Golf R headlights instead, but pretty steep ($1300+ shipping)

If you can get back to me, would be awesome!

Cfm2969

Car(s)
Mk7 gtd 2014
You mean how did I remove that part that was giving me problems or a full how to remove the whole bumper tutorial.

If it's just that side part in the picture above, you need to unscrew 2 x M10 size hexagonal screws that are inside the bumper facing down (they are upside down). You have access to them by moving the internal protection (that black thing inside the wheel compartment. don't know how you call it in english) a little bit back so you can put your hand inside the bumper. You don't need to completely unscrew them. Just enough to get it a bit loose and allow you to unsnap the bumper at that section.
Was these bolts on the end of the bump joining wing, I’ve removed them and still can’t pull the bumper away from the wing :-(