GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Package Orders

Tonydj

Has anyone in S Florida been able to order a 2015 GTI with the PerformancePackage?

People in other States say they have placed orders and that the Performance Package is in the Dealers ordering system. Dealers near me say that the PP is not in their system yet.

nuSchule

Ready to race!
Sort of a late reply, but they should be able to see the PP GTI model line in the system. The Performance Package isn't really an "option" in the sense that it's added onto a base GTI... a PP GTI is a standalone car in and of itself. Sorry if that's confusing...

I was able to order a PP GTI here in NC a few weeks ago even though pricing wasn't available for a PP GTI. It's confusing because the MSRP in the system will currently read "#N/A" or "Unavailable" but they are still able to technically enter the order into the system. The car will then be in queue to start assembly early next year...

Hope this helps!

pHan

How long did it take to get a commission number and track the progress of your order? I ordered mine here in Savannah last week and have only seen my deposit check get cashed. I've been told the order is placed but that is it.

Do you basically have to stay on your dealers ass to get updates about where in the process things are?

It would be nice to know when the build date is and all the subsequent steps...gives you something to look forward to. I ordered a pure white SE w/PP and lighting package- 6sp manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonydj

I eventually received a call from a dealer offering to place an order for me. I ordered a 3 door S w/PP and LP on November 6 and was told to expect delivery the third week of December. Three days ago I was told that my car was under production and delivery expected January 30

nuSchule

Ready to race!
How long did it take to get a commission number and track the progress of your order? I ordered mine here in Savannah last week and have only seen my deposit check get cashed. I've been told the order is placed but that is it.

Do you basically have to stay on your dealers ass to get updates about where in the process things are?

It would be nice to know when the build date is and all the subsequent steps...gives you something to look forward to. I ordered a pure white SE w/PP and lighting package- 6sp manual

Congrats on the order! I haven't received a commission number (yet) but I don't believe buyers in North America are able to track order progress like other markets. I think the dealer can see some partial progress, but as far as you or I going into a tracking system, we're SOL.

As far as updates, I'm sure each dealer is different but I was told I would receive an email/call every two or three weeks with updates.

I eventually received a call from a dealer offering to place an order for me. I ordered a 3 door S w/PP and LP on November 6 and was told to expect delivery the third week of December. Three days ago I was told that my car was under production and delivery expected January 30

Nice! I'm hoping for a late January or early February delivery as well.

pHan

I appreciate the update guys! I'm really hoping by February sometime, I'll get mine. Hope to see pics posted and reviews once y'all get yours!

Stig's American Cousin

Ready to race!
I just placed my order yesterday. Sales person told me that after the order went in today it should only take a few days for it to get a commission number. He said he would mail/call me as soon as he got it.

In my research its only people in the European market that can track their order from commission to vin number. Though the dealer said that the GTI's still come from Germany even though every publication says they come out of Mexico. Not sure if its true or hes just thinking of the MK6's

He told me it would be about 90 days give or take for my exact order but he would continue to search to see if he could get something as close as possible and maybe help me get it earlier. I can honestly say this is the first time in a number of years I have been excited and antsy about a car purchase.

pHan

Anyone have any updates on their build date? Perhaps an actual estimated delivery date shown on paper (or the doc they email you about your order)?

This wait is getting to me. I might have to tap out and get a non pp MK7 GTI! I've seen some floating around with 6MT and lighting in my general area.

They also don't really seem to be moving in my area either (I don't see any MK7 GTi's around here) so there could be a lot more leverage on Price that I could have on my side if I just forego the "PP." Everyone wants the pp and is ordering theirs w/o any sort of firm price....seems we'd be a little less well positioned to negotiate in this scenario?

Thoughts? This Wait is killing me and it's only been 3 weeks since I placed my order! I need some reassurances we aren't going to see R models on dealer lots while we still wait for PP builds to complete!

Tonydj

Yesterday Cars.com had pricing for the GTI with Performance Package, today truecar.com also added pricing for the Performance Package as well. I am expecting a status report on my order for a GTI S PP/LP placed on November 6.

nuSchule

Ready to race!
Got a quick update from the dealer on Monday... order was placed November 15th and submitted for build on December 10th. I was told the first update typically occurs 30-45 days after the submit for build date.

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
Performance pak

Can anyone describe how the PP and cross differential work in unison like around a corner and straight line acceleration? Does PP function like a limited slip operated by electronics? Which of these two systems act to reduce understeer?

nuSchule

Ready to race!
Can anyone describe how the PP and cross differential work in unison like around a corner and straight line acceleration? Does PP function like a limited slip operated by electronics? Which of these two systems act to reduce understeer?

I typed a long-winded response but thought providing a link would be easier:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=30560

In short, it's an electronically-controlled limited slip differential with a mechanical component.

In the straights, it works like any other full locking LSD. Around corners, though, it's much more clever. The article covers this part in great detail.

nuSchule

Ready to race!
Good call! I have one on order as well... between the e-diff and R-spec brakes all around, it's tremendous value for the money and well worth the wait.