Nine81's Silver Wiener Build

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Link to sale? Might get myself a birthday present
Looks like they stopped it now, it was just a general sale on their website for easter.

My vote is v730
Mind if I ask about your reasoning? I'm breaking traction midway in 2nd and into 3rd in some scenarios, and it'd be nice to have more lateral grip than all seasons. The car rarely sees rain, but I'd like to have a moderate amount of confidence in wet weather. AX people seem to like the 615 as a rain tire, and being a 200tw I assume they're at least fairly sticky in the dry as well. I'm a little worried about flat spotting over the winter, but I'm kind of hoping to get a second set of cheap wheels to just sit the car on over the winter.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Looks like they stopped it now, it was just a general sale on their website for easter.

Mind if I ask about your reasoning? I'm breaking traction midway in 2nd and into 3rd in some scenarios, and it'd be nice to have more lateral grip than all seasons. The car rarely sees rain, but I'd like to have a moderate amount of confidence in wet weather. AX people seem to like the 615 as a rain tire, and being a 200tw I assume they're at least fairly sticky in the dry as well. I'm a little worried about flat spotting over the winter, but I'm kind of hoping to get a second set of cheap wheels to just sit the car on over the winter.

I retract my statement. They're terrible in the rain. Unless you like going 55.

I don't mind because central Texas is mostly dry.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Wife and I went playing in the dirt over the weekend. Here she is sending it, a regular Travis Pastrami. Meanwhile, I drive with the extreme aggression and memory of every time I've been burnt by a stupid Subaru exhaust manifold. We had a bunch of fun though, she's talented and I'm letting off steam.

1000006852.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
that's friggin' awesome!

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
that's friggin' awesome!
It was supreme fun. I've been interested for a while, but never had a car I was willing to put in the dirt -- and more recently, we don't have space for an additional car. Luckily our friend owns the above Legacy, and we've been granted the privilege to use it anytime we want for RX. The AC doesn't work and the crank windows are unreliable so it's consistently 20° hotter inside than out, the brakes are a little sketchy, and shifting into 3rd and 4th is just kind of a guessing game, but it's hilarious fun. I get the impression that Nat might actually take a podium spot if we keep this up, meanwhile I will continue to take out an obnoxious amount of cones (not for lack of trying, I'm just not good at it) and have a bunch of fun.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I wish my wife could roll like that.....she gets massively car sick so I can't even do twisty roads with her....all my mountain runs are solo