GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
It was not standard on our 2019 SEL-P Tiguan but was able to be activated it through the typical coding.
Interesting, gives me a couple questions...
- Does your now activated AirCare work? I don't know how you would check, I guess.
- What motor is installed here on your car (and by extension the box in the eBay link)?

- The picture in the listing is blurry when zoomed in but it looks like that recirc motor connector...
--- has more than just the two wires that are present on manual HVAC's V113
--- it doesn't look like the V113 wire colors (blue/yellow)
1713973418438.png

@Jachas So maybe a motor with position sensor is all that's needed, from the listing this a Valeo unit.
- Another listing has a non-faded label, and is the same on the intake, single door.
1713973638803.png1713973867720.png

I can't find a good picture of that motor in a listing but I'll look through the parts diagrams.

As an aside, I have an entire Climatronic box (Valeo) on the way to me, with everything attached. Removed from a 2016 GTI Autobahn (VIN confirmed) and the seller sent me a picture of the inside of the car showing it's climatronic (although looking at the listing pictures was already enough to confirm). I'll probably have some spare motors/bits for sale soon... the ones I ordered in excitement 2 days ago, haha.

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
@Cuzoe unfortunately we traded that car in last November for a 2021 Atlas. I want to say it was a Valeo but don't know for sure. And it did seem as if the system ramped up flow when air care was activated, so I would assume it was doing something.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@Kushdaiin No worries. I just "need" to find a listing with that box that has a clear picture of the motor part number.

I do wonder if the Climatronic panel is made aware (it would have to be adaptations I guess) of the presence/lack of second door on the intake since there's nothing electrically connected to that second door/flap.
The unit learns the stops, which may change since there is additional linkage attached. And that would be important so the motor doesn't overdrive/break anything.

Jachas

Ready to race!
Car(s)
A3 8V
@Kushdaiin No worries. I just "need" to find a listing with that box that has a clear picture of the motor part number.

I do wonder if the Climatronic panel is made aware (it would have to be adaptations I guess) of the presence/lack of second door on the intake since there's nothing electrically connected to that second door/flap.
The unit learns the stops, which may change since there is additional linkage attached. And that would be important so the motor doesn't overdrive/break anything.

AFAIR, at least in Denso style witch have second door, it works in way that 3/4 of the maximum range of the motor and gearing is for opening and closing bigger flap for recirc function, 1/4 left is for aircare and back pressure.

And this range is "divided", like aircare and back pressure had its own, separated range. To visualize what I want so say

0-------|---------------------50--------------------|-------100

Aircare/Back pressure
| Recirc | Aircare/Back pressure

At the beginning and at the end of engine range, the extra flap is opening or closing (This is what I remember form facelited Euro-spec A6 Jetta with climatrionic, with similar mechanism like in MQB Denso)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That function is done when you do the flap adaptation process (forward airflow and A/C button or do it through VCDS) when you swap or install a new panel.
Right... I know how to do the function for adapting flaps. I was just wondering if the system needed to be "aware" there were actually two flaps. And whether it accounted for that at all.

AFAIR, at least in Denso style witch have second door, it works in way that 3/4 of the maximum range of the motor and gearing is for opening and closing bigger flap for recirc function, 1/4 left is for aircare and back pressure.

And this range is "divided", like aircare and back pressure had its own, separated range. To visualize what I want so say

0-------|---------------------50--------------------|-------100

Aircare/Back pressure
| Recirc | Aircare/Back pressure

At the beginning and at the end of engine range, the extra flap is opening or closing (This is what I remember form facelited Euro-spec A6 Jetta with climatrionic, with similar mechanism like in MQB Denso)
Ahh that makes sense. Assuming it's similar for Valeo it would make sense that a position sensor is required. The box I ordered (removed from the 2016 GTI) is Valeo and has the dual doors/flaps on the recirc intake.

Once I have this box in hand I'll see how feasible it is to swap the intake over (without removing the dash).
And if it's not possible a fallback option might be to install whatever motor the single-door Tiguans are using, and add the two wires for position sensing.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Valeo climatronic "box" showed up! Snapped some quick pics. Going to study it a bit once the kiddo goes to sleep. And I'll get some good pictures of every motor and mechanism and post them up for research purposes, haha.

IMG_20240426_184421.jpgIMG_20240426_184426.jpg
IMG_20240426_184433.jpgPXL_20240427_014355842.jpg

The last picture is the bracket for KESSY module. That retrofit isn't done yet but if I knew I was going to end up with this thing I wouldn't have paid for that bracket.

IMG_20240426_184442.jpg

I'm going to end up with a lot of things for sale that probably no one wants. Two full climatronic harnesses. One of them brand new. Several motors and gear mechanics. A sensor or two as well.