GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jerky Automatic Transmission on MK7 Trendline

fbouchard

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I have my car for a month and a half now (1000KM +) and transmission feel really jerky and hesitating. It's worst at low speeds like in the traffic or when I'm fully stop and I accelerate. It feels like a manual transmission when you passing the first gear and all the car is waving back and forth because you release the clutch too fast. I don't think this is a normal behavior for an automatic transmission. The fluid seem fine there's no leak spot in my driveway. I tried 2 times to get an appointment at the dealer to have that check but they always telling me to wait a bit more because the car is still running-in. I don't know what else to do, any suggestion?

On a side note, I also have a rattle coming from the engine bay. It sound like an untighten back-plate or the wastegate actuator like in Europe. Does anyone experiencing this noise also?

Last edited:

Monahan

Characteristic of TSI engine

Hello,

I have a MK7 golf comfortline automatic since Aug 8 with 700 KM. Within 4 days of ownership, I made 2 service appointments for steering and cabin vibration
during acceleration. Even with vibration confirm by different Tech at the dealership.
Tech from VW said the vibration is normal characteristic of the TSI engine. With help from service manager at Bytek, VW now say the possible cause of vibration could be a bad Drive Axle.
Bytek will get the part in couple weeks. Bring your car to the dealer for a road test, It also could be a bad Drive Axle.

fbouchard

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you Monahan for your reply. I think I will try again to get an appointement and try to have the service manager on the line this time.