GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Japan Import - Sound Issues and MIB2 Question

chowntown

Car(s)
Golf MK7 2013
Hi,

I've just bought a 2013 MK7 Golf GT TSI 1.4 and have an issue with the sound. When turning on the ignition each time I have no sound from the speakers. If I go into the software update menu, start an update (no SD inserted) then cancel and go back to the radio the sound starts working again, but only from the front left (passenger) speaker.

I'm currently trying to get hold of MHIG_EU_VW_K1550 to reinstall and see if that helps. I'd also like to try downgrading MHIG_EU_VW_K1540 to see if that might help. I'm trying to get the software from mibsolution but having issues downloading. If anyone has download links for these I'd really appreciate it. Have spent several hours on google trying to find them.

I also wanted to know if I'm able to upgrade to MIB2 by only replacing the control unit in the glovebox (and MMI port to aux/USB) and keep my current screen? My part number is 5G0035050B and I have a 'traffic' button on the right hand side, 2nd button down (if that helps to identify the screen).

Any info or advice on this would be hugely helpful and appreciated.

Thanks!

tobias0702

Car(s)
Golf MK7 2014
Hi,

I've just bought a 2013 MK7 Golf GT TSI 1.4 and have an issue with the sound. When turning on the ignition each time I have no sound from the speakers. If I go into the software update menu, start an update (no SD inserted) then cancel and go back to the radio the sound starts working again, but only from the front left (passenger) speaker.

I'm currently trying to get hold of MHIG_EU_VW_K1550 to reinstall and see if that helps. I'd also like to try downgrading MHIG_EU_VW_K1540 to see if that might help. I'm trying to get the software from mibsolution but having issues downloading. If anyone has download links for these I'd really appreciate it. Have spent several hours on google trying to find them.

I also wanted to know if I'm able to upgrade to MIB2 by only replacing the control unit in the glovebox (and MMI port to aux/USB) and keep my current screen? My part number is 5G0035050B and I have a 'traffic' button on the right hand side, 2nd button down (if that helps to identify the screen).

Any info or advice on this would be hugely helpful and appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi!

I have the same problem with my Japan import. Is your rear-view camera working if you have one? Do you have solved the problem? I have the same part number, and it is a MIB1. My SW number is MHIG_EU_VW_K1150.