GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Haldex and OBD11

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Hi all excuse me if this is in the wrong section only I can’t seem to find any info regarding the matter.

Long story short I had Haldex issues. Caused by a faulty pump, ( pump values were sometimes good and sometimes bad) No codes either. Anyway pump changed and primed and all good with new fluid following this guide I found on quite a few pages…
Engine on:

1. (22) AWD -> Basic Settings -> Pump Prime for 30 seconds
It seems to make a humming noise and then seems to purge. Sound is an alive indicator. I've found nothing else to diagnose a pump without taking it out, so this is how I test the pump twice a month.

2. (22) AWD -> Output Tests -> Clutch Engaged/Disengaged 2 times for 30 seconds each.

Ignition on, Engine off:

3. (22) AWD -> Clear codes (even if none are present)

4. (22) AWD -> Basic Settings -> Clear all adaptation values

5. Drive off, no launches for a few miles or so.

I have OBD11 pro and I’m struggling with number 2 lol I get a message that says cannot perform due to length and mass. I’ve no idea what this means. Tried with engine on and off. I’m sure when I last serviced the haldex I did this function and it worked. Am I being stupid and missing something?

I’ve emailed OBD11 but this was 3 days ago and I still have no answer. I’ve also looked on OBD11 site and still nothing. Plenty of people are saying to do that function when servicing haldex but no one has mentioned any issues.

Thanks for your time.

Chris.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Ill give you a hand tomorrow. OBDEleven will be no help...they have no idea.

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Thankyou for the reply 😂 I just want to engage and dis-engage the haldex clutches. You are correct OBDEleven are still asking for screen shots dispite me already sending them. Only one email reply every 3-4 days. Useless springs to mind.

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
I assumed that seeing as it’s a simple system that the clutches do wear and a basic learn on them would be beneficial basically electronically self adjusting.