GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD ordered today !!!

crowers

Passed Driver's Ed
Well after months of ummming and alot of aching i finally bit the bullet!!!

5 Door GTD Carbon Grey

*Panoramic glass sunroof
* Nav Upgrade (basic)
* Winter pack - Heated Seats :)
* Park Assist ( Bit of fun )

Kept the cloth trim as really like the not to the MK1 Gti

All of the above for £26k from a dealer after a bit of internet research.

Given build week 40 at the mo as they had factory slots booked so hoping for a November delivery.

V exited!

The sleepless nights commence .....

Any thoughts on the GAP insurance, alloy and tyre insurance, cosmetic damage insurance, life shine ?? Clearly these all add up but which are worth having ?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
GAP good if you are planning on writing off the car soon, alloy and tyre insurance? I'm sure there will be a clause on tyres but suspect excess could be high. Lifeshine the product is good, the prices the dealer will charge not so good.

Nevo

Ready to race!
I've thought a lot about the 'protection pack' the Autoglym life shine I think is not worth it when a decent polish and a stain protector for the seats will do the job for less.
When it comes to GAP I'm insured by Aviva and their policies provide for new for new replacement in the first year so that's good enough for me.
I have opted for the cosmetic insurance as I live in London and the car will get clipped by other idiots I've no doubt.
I signed up for the lot when I ordered but cancelled the gap and life shine today and spent the saving adding Dynaudio to the car

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
GAP insurance - deffinitely but don't use the one the dealer will attempt to sell you. Its much cheaper on line.

Wheel and Tyre - I'm on the fence for that one. I don't have it but I can see some benefits

Cosmetic - No, No absolutely not. If its the same they tried to sell me it only covers wings and doors. Bonnet, roof and tailgate are excluded. My advice is to read the small print very carefully if you decide to go ahead.

Life shine - The general view on here is that the money is better spent at a professional detailer

crowers

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the advice ... never had the use of a professional detailer ! Will have to do some research!!

Cosmetic was tempting me what with having previous cars keyed and doors dinked.

V Excited!