GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R U.S. Pricing Discussion

Thundertub

I may have misspoken myself regarding the coming Audi S3 Sedan vs Avant. Reading too many articles at one time. The S3 Sedan is coming. Wishful thinking may have been the cause for my typing Avant. I will leave the original post uncorrected since it will confuse others if they don't see the original form and then read to posts following that.

They can also fuel the rumor if they like. LOL!

ick

Ready to race!
Yeah but the Audi will end up being an additional 10 grand for a comparably equipped car. Try configuring one that has the same features as the Golf R you are interested in. As soon as you start checking option boxes on the Audis they skyrocket fairly quickly. The S3 sedan has gotten some positive early reviews, not unlike the R.

DrGonzo1

My guess is in the US they will probably hold out for MSRP on the mk VII R for the first six month and then prices will begin to dip but there will still be less room to negotiate than with the gti. My plan is to wait until 2016 for mine, which is just before my current warranty expires and hopefully allows some time for the market to settle down.