GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf r help

Kevinkolc

Car(s)
Golf R MK7
When I rev my golf r to around 4k rpm it makes 1 tick/click sound when it drops to around 900-1000

Anyone know what this can be?

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
When I rev my golf r to around 4k rpm it makes 1 tick/click sound when it drops to around 900-1000

Anyone know what this can be?

I've seen this thread here for a few days now waiting to see if someone was going to reply. Here's the deal.

@Kevinkolc - You aren't an established member of the forum, meaning you don't have a history here. You also haven't provided anything in your initial post that would give any level of detail required to come close to diagnosing your problem. For this reason, you aren't going to get many replies. You will need to provide more information.

- Year of your car
- List of modifications
- Any history or background that may have contributed to the issue prior to it happening
- Type of fuel you're running (are you tuned?)
- A more descriptive explanation of the issue itself
- Has any maintenance been done to the car recently?
- Can you take a video and post it somewhere? YouTube? This is going to be the fastest and easiest way to get someone to chime in with advice

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Adding to what AFB just asked: does this happen all of the time, or just when it's not fully warmed up, as thermal metal expansion/contraction can cause such sounds, especially in cold weather.