GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flywheel / trans mount problem

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
My first thought for any sort of rpm dependent vibration is loose a heat shield, bracket or exhaust rattling or something. Id just get under the car and start grabbing onto stuff and checking bolts for tightness.
it is very strange, i thought maybe fuel line rattle but it isnt that.

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
I had fuel line rattle in my up! GTI, but it was just audible. Here, I experience steering vibration, but can't hear anything.

I have been having this issue since I bought the car when coming to a stop I get a chattering from the gearbox, I have been fobbed off twice by the dealer and a friend of mine knows an ex vw technician who’s adamant it’s my flywheel. Let’s see what vw have to say about it on my third trip.

wsd1

Car(s)
7.5 GTI PP, up! GTI
I have been having this issue since I bought the car when coming to a stop I get a chattering from the gearbox, I have been fobbed off twice by the dealer and a friend of mine knows an ex vw technician who’s adamant it’s my flywheel. Let’s see what vw have to say about it on my third trip.
Keep us updated.

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Keep us updated.
Hi mate, after sending the video of the issue I’m having to a few people one of them asked do I get vibration on overrun, they do believe the issue is the dual mass flywheel, I have sent an email to both vw/seat kicking off saying if they don’t sort it Il be taking further action

wsd1

Car(s)
7.5 GTI PP, up! GTI
Hi mate, after sending the video of the issue I’m having to a few people one of them asked do I get vibration on overrun, they do believe the issue is the dual mass flywheel, I have sent an email to both vw/seat kicking off saying if they don’t sort it Il be taking further action
Any updates on this?

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright, let me know how it went.
So… they need to Remove the gearbox and want me to pay £660 if they can’t find an issue, I replicated the issue with the technician and he instantly said “we don’t even need to test drive this”, I feel like they’re going to blame it on wear and tear, what angers me the most is the wait times, they want me to wait another 3 week until it can be booked back in.

I understand flywheels are wear and tear but if it does turn out to be that and they try charge me I’m going to lose my shit, as it’s been doing it since I bought it on 37k, I think the previous owner knew about it the scumbag.