GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flashing Yellow Steering Wheel

dreww

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf TSI
Hey, I have a 2017 VW Golf TSI and I cannot figure out why the steering wheel light (!) is flashing yellow on my dashboard. In addition to the flashing light, I get the error message "Steering Lock. Service Vehicle Now!". I have tried tried reading the fault codes with two different OBD sensors and cannot get any faults for related systems. (I can see two faults, one for the sunroof switch and another telling me my satellite radio has been turned off.) Twice the EPC light has come on as solid yellow, but will disappear between drives.

Any help or guidance to resolve this would be appreciated.

Edit: To add, the vehicle is driving just fine. The steering wheel feels normal when driving, it has not locked up, and the steering lock still engages when turned off.

Last edited:

dreww

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf TSI
Update: Problem started Monday. I have tried playing with it everyday this week and even took it to a shop today (Friday) during my lunch break. Mechanic was out, but said over the phone he knows what's wrong and can fix it next week. Fast-forward to end of the workday and the light has miraculously turned off. Not sure what did it, but I'm too irritated to think about it any more.