GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory Dynaudio comes with a bug?

lumfong

Car(s)
e-Golf 2018
I have an e-Golf registered mid 2018 with the Dynaudio excite package.

I had a 2015 model before, also with the Dynaudio, and the sound was very good in the 2015 mod.

So, to the problem.
The sound in my 2018 is utter shit. The stock system in a family members car without the Dynaudio is actually better.

After tinkering with it looks like it’s a software bug causing the bad sound quality.

The “speed-dependent volume” setting has a slider. When I set the slider to “0” it should be of, but I don’t think it is off.

To clarify; when my car is stationary and plays music I can move the slider without any effect. The same sound at “0” and “7”. When I’m driving at speeds and I slide it above “0” the sound opens up and gets considerably better.

In other words. Either I’m completely stupid, or there is a bug in the software that does not turn of “speed-dependent volume” even when set to “0”. In my old 2015, I think it said “off” when going beneith “1”. Not sure though.

I’m hoping there is an easy way for me to update the firmware and that this solves the problem.

Any thought? Or maybe point me in the right direction so I can update that thing?

Attachments

• IMG_3286.jpeg
    IMG_3286.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3287.jpeg
    IMG_3287.jpeg
    884.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3288.jpeg
    IMG_3288.jpeg
    870 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3289.jpeg
    IMG_3289.jpeg
    872.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3290.jpeg
    IMG_3290.jpeg
    888.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3291.jpeg
    IMG_3291.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 39

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The difference is MIB1 (2015) -vs- MIB2 (2018)...& the Dynaudio amplifier was also changed for the later cars

However you could just have a bug in your car...

lumfong

Car(s)
e-Golf 2018
The difference is MIB1 (2015) -vs- MIB2 (2018)...& the Dynaudio amplifier was also changed for the later cars

However you could just have a bug in your car...
Thanks. So it’s a MIB2, and VW have possibly paired it with a considerably weaker or worse amp while selling it under the same Dynaudio name. Not promising…

Anyway. The speed-dependent thing has some play here.

As far as I know the latest software for my car should be something named 1367. Pointers please.

Edit:
After reading more on the forum I’ve found the software I think is applicable to my car.
For some reason it seems to be listed under under “Harman” I the hierarchy in mibsolution.

I’m a bit concerned about updating the firmware myself. My concerns are 1; is it safe, or can I brick the unit? 2; will it mess up my original Dynaudio? 3; is it the one with AIO or the other one?(attached picture)

Attachments

• IMG_3330.jpeg
    IMG_3330.jpeg
    586 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: