GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dq381 noise, has anyone ever heard anything like this?

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
so I have a dq381 equipped car and i noticed that coming down from 2nd to 1st a sort of chatter noise from under the car, i have managed to replicate this noise by putting the car into drive and left foot braking while revving the engine with the phone near the gearbox, it doesnt sound healthy and got me concerned, could someone take a listen and give me some advice, thanks.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ya I can hear it. Have you checked your fluid level? Poked around to make sure everything that's supposed to be tight is? Or maybe you already fixed it? 👊🏼

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
how much play do your mounts have? sounds like a toasted drivetrain mount
I won’t lie, if I left foot brake and rev the engine like it’s in launch mode the engine does seem to move about a lot and I mean a lot, but the noise itself sounds like the gearbox, luckily it goes to seat in the morning to be checked out.

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Ya I can hear it. Have you checked your fluid level? Poked around to make sure everything that's supposed to be tight is? Or maybe you already fixed it? 👊🏼
So I had the dsg service done by vw and the noise was present before too, it is with seat tomorrow so I’m going to ask them to make sure the level is correct and hopefully they will check the engine mounts too as there seems to be a lot of play

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
And as always in typical fashion, “we can’t find an issue sir” I took the car off them and guess what, I replicated it easily. Absolute cowboys main dealers.

IGM2019

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe I hear the same once in a while slowing down to go over a speed bump. It's not noticable unless I have no music playing and windows down. I'm not worried about it. Cars will make noises sometimes.

Arronleeds

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe I hear the same once in a while slowing down to go over a speed bump. It's not noticable unless I have no music playing and windows down. I'm not worried about it. Cars will make noises sometimes.
Issue is I can replicate it by reversing and blipping throttle quite hard, can also replicate it by revving it in drive while stationary, it’s barely noticeable when slowing to a stop like you mentioned only really when the music is off

Amarna

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R MK7.5
In December i was told that my gearbox (DQ381) had an reply from Volkswagen. They told me that the oil pump have a tendecy too come lose. The prosedure where that they flash the ecu with the latest software and some parameters is set too keep an extra eye on the pump.
Test drive the car for just some minuets, if a fault code appear they would take the gearbox down and go in it to fix the pump. If no fault code, you pass and just drive on.

Maybe this could help. And my car was out of warranty.