GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dane’s 15 GSW TDI - R line bumper, wheels, rear brakes, MIB2, LEDs etc

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
I havent decided yet what wheels I want. I was dead set on CCVs but they’re NLA. Found a couple I liked from WCI then I looked into WCI… yikes. Not sure what I’m gonna do. Just gonna keep running the beetle wheels till the right 3 piece comes along marketplace maybe. But they probably won’t be light. 😂
Ohhhhh yeahhhh this build is getting outrageous. maybe consider some lightweight flowformed wheels, it makes a big performance + dynamics/steering feel difference.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
Haven’t updated in a while: got the PP brakes on the rear, did an MIB2 swap, picked up some Rotiform tmb’s for $300, imported an R Line front bumper conversion from Latvia, got the OSRAMs in, underglow, and picked up a red stripe blue motion grill. Rawtek kit and Malone tune going on this weekend.
IMG_7989.jpeg
image000001.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5633.jpeg
    IMG_5633.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7338.jpeg
    IMG_7338.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8472.jpeg
    IMG_8472.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6315.jpeg
    IMG_6315.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6197.jpeg
    IMG_6197.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6310.jpeg
    IMG_6310.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Nice to see someone else going deep into mods on a TDI. Every so often I load up the stock tune for a couple months, then reflash and think to myself dang this is quick 🤣.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
Nice to see someone else going deep into mods on a TDI. Every so often I load up the stock tune for a couple months, then reflash and think to myself dang this is quick 🤣.
Glad you saw this. Thank you so much for your help with my brakes and mib2

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Always here to help, I feel like all the information is out there. It's just all over the place, haha.

I'm "afraid" the CR190 is in my near future. I have to keep all the emissions stuff intact here in California so anything more than the CR190 is probably a waste since I won't at any point be doing a delete.

Since I already have the Kerma tune, I can do the CR190 from them without needing to pay for tuning again.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
Let me know how it is. That’s in my future too if/when my stock turbo goes.

Also I never kept you updated on my rear brakes. After not being able to get a peddle for days. Took it to a reputable independent euro shop. They couldn’t fix it either. They put a new master cylinder in. They bled and bled and bled it. Had it for a month before they gave up. Still didn’t have a good peddle. One day they just started working and I got a solid peddle again.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That is crazy! Glad it's working obviously but still hard to think of what could cause a soft pedal other than something in the system not being sealed properly, or air in the system. With multiple bleeds either you or they would have taken care of both of those issues. And you didn't even do anything like replacing the ABS module where there was potential for the system to run dry.

There's a thread on TDiclub with impressions on the CR190. The person over there went with it after their stock turbo gave it up. The jump from stock to tuned is bigger than the jump from tuned to CR190. So there's more power under the curve but also you get that power right up the red line.