GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Dating advice from old fart.

Jk, fuck you young guys, you have the internet. 🤣

1. Don't be nice, be kind. There's a difference and bitches can smell it. Well, at least the ones you'd actually want to have a relationship with.
2. Don't be so serious.
3. Be yourself. She's eventually going to find out who you are, so get it out of the way, and if she likes who you are, there's no surprises later, except maybe the random body parts in your freezer.
4. This is a big one, do not chop your date into little piece and put in your freezer.
5. Wait until you're married to make jokes about body parts in the freezer.
6. WTF is wrong with you getting advice from a guy that makes jokes about chopping people up and putting them in a freezer?

cb1111

My mom has one up in CT. I have a 10,000 watt generator, and can connect it to my fuse box, but it's me manually having to drag out the massive cable, plug it in, turn off main power and turn on the breaker for the generator, then fire it up.

Good for hurricanes, not for routine outages.
Floriderp might have incentives to buy a whole house generator. We got it with the geothermal system and the generator qualified for the same 30% tax credit.

If you have gas at the house then they are well worth it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Floriderp might have incentives to buy a whole house generator. We got it with the geothermal system and the generator qualified for the same 30% tax credit.

If you have gas at the house then they are well worth it.
I'd have to install a tank. In swamp ass FL.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
You're asking the wrong question by trying to get a "yes". Your goal is to get a "no" because that puts them in charge.

"Am I being too pushy by asking you out?" will elicit a "no" if she is even remotely interested. A "yes" answer tells you exactly where you stand.

"No" questions work because that gives them the ability to answer without feeling like they are cornered. Let me give you an example:

Somebody you're not too thrilled to talk to calls you and says "Is now a good time to talk?" You panic, because you really don't want to talk, but it would be rude to say "no" so you say "yes, okay" but it bothers you.

Same thing, but now the question is "is now a bad time to talk?" You don't panic because you're in charge. You can say "yes, can we talk in an hour" or you can say "no, this is fine."

Getting a "no, it is fine" is far easier than getting a "yes, okay" and the outcome of both is the same.

With the "am I too pushy" question, it is easy for her to tell you the truth "yes, you're a young whippersnapper who hangs out on weird car forums" or she could say "no, not at all" to which you could answer "would tomorrow night be inconvenient?" - again asking for that "no". If she says yes, then she is almost automatically required to counter with "yeah, I'm busy tomorrow, but does Saturday work?"

"Getting to yes" is way overrated. You want a "no" - because a "no" is a far more honest confirmation.
Based, I see you read never split the difference, such a great book

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
CSB:
Put more weight on the bar and fucked up my knee😐
Had to bail the rep and shamefully put the weights away
Not the first time this has happened, might actually see a doctor about it this time
Blessing in disguise because it means less lifting (load bearing) and more running (doesnt bother me)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How'd the interview go though?