Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'm number 6 of 8 total kids........

I asked my siblings what our parents did before the internet, but they didn't know either....

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I'm number 6 of 8 total kids........

I asked my siblings what our parents did before the internet, but they didn't know either....
8 kids wow. To answer your question, they banged a lot before the Internet clearly

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
What ever happened to the gym hottie?
She's off to Hawaii soon. Went on two dates. I'm not interested. (60 dollars poorer)
This other girl I asked out is always "busy" on the weekends. Can't tell if playing hard to get, not interested, or being a tool. I gotta step my game up though. This "when are you free this week" stuff isn't working.
I realized after going on those two dates that it really isn't anything special and that being single is blissfully ignorant to the awkwardness and lameness of dating.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
To the beantown folks, anyone in town tmrw? I'm going to Peabody for an alignment reinspection in the AM.
If anyone's free for some lunch, lmk.

cb1111

We had a power outage about an hour ago, computers, router and TV on UPS and worked flawlessly until the generator kicked in about 20 seconds later and switched over.

Dominion electric showed one outage with a restoration time of 10pm. Now it shows 444 houses without power with a restoration time between 10pm and 1am. It also changed from "circuit out" to "pending investigation". 40 degrees outside.

Can I start a gofundme to pay my gas bill?

I might not need it often, but I love that whole house generator.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We had a power outage about an hour ago, computers, router and TV on UPS and worked flawlessly until the generator kicked in about 20 seconds later and switched over.

Dominion electric showed one outage with a restoration time of 10pm. Now it shows 444 houses without power with a restoration time between 10pm and 1am. It also changed from "circuit out" to "pending investigation". 40 degrees outside.

My mom has one up in CT. I have a 10,000 watt generator, and can connect it to my fuse box, but it's me manually having to drag out the massive cable, plug it in, turn off main power and turn on the breaker for the generator, then fire it up.

Good for hurricanes, not for routine outages.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

But do you have the final episode of Friends?

cb1111

She's off to Hawaii soon. Went on two dates. I'm not interested. (60 dollars poorer)
This other girl I asked out is always "busy" on the weekends. Can't tell if playing hard to get, not interested, or being a tool. I gotta step my game up though. This "when are you free this week" stuff isn't working.
I realized after going on those two dates that it really isn't anything special and that being single is blissfully ignorant to the awkwardness and lameness of dating.
You're asking the wrong question by trying to get a "yes". Your goal is to get a "no" because that puts them in charge.

"Am I being too pushy by asking you out?" will elicit a "no" if she is even remotely interested. A "yes" answer tells you exactly where you stand.

"No" questions work because that gives them the ability to answer without feeling like they are cornered. Let me give you an example:

Somebody you're not too thrilled to talk to calls you and says "Is now a good time to talk?" You panic, because you really don't want to talk, but it would be rude to say "no" so you say "yes, okay" but it bothers you.

Same thing, but now the question is "is now a bad time to talk?" You don't panic because you're in charge. You can say "yes, can we talk in an hour" or you can say "no, this is fine."

Getting a "no, it is fine" is far easier than getting a "yes, okay" and the outcome of both is the same.

With the "am I too pushy" question, it is easy for her to tell you the truth "yes, you're a young whippersnapper who hangs out on weird car forums" or she could say "no, not at all" to which you could answer "would tomorrow night be inconvenient?" - again asking for that "no". If she says yes, then she is almost automatically required to counter with "yeah, I'm busy tomorrow, but does Saturday work?"

"Getting to yes" is way overrated. You want a "no" - because a "no" is a far more honest confirmation.