GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ah ok idk what i was smoking

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
P sure there are differences in diverter valve setups that need to be taken in to account. IIRC you can't plug-n-play a Mk6R (FSI) K04 in a Mk6 GTI.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
wow so winning update on childcare dillemma!

Quick recap - we went into having a child not really having 'being able to afford fulltime childcare' figured out - for a number of reasons;
* my wife may go part time,
* I may be able to condense my workweek to be off 1 day a week,
* her parents live with us (but still work ~7-5pm jobs),
* my dad lives close and is nearing retirement,
* we have her brothers GF live nearby who may have been interested,
* my brothers wife is a teacher who is typically off in summers and may want to watch her
* we have cousins and aunts in mexico that owuld love to come visit for months at a time and watch her, etc!
* find a local nanny (got 2 quotes so far, ~$25/hour, which is basically what my wife makes after taxes, so no go
* and local daycare - most require payment for full time no matter how often you bring kids in, its extremely expensive, and not even very good, not to mention you're on their time, etc.

We felt like we were so close to finding a solution but out of ^^ALL THAT^^ we still couldn't quite land anything that was a sure enough deal between everyone.

TLDR, Low and behold, my wifes mom's friend just came back from Mexico and immediately signed herself up to watch our baby, at our house, as often as needed! Didn't even ask about pay! We will pay her, sure, but it will be much, much more affordable! could be something like $100/day or less! fking WIN

I've jzzd my pants 3 times already. Life is figured out for now. So much weight off my shoulders.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
chances are we will need 2-3 days a week of care. truthfully no idea what it will cost, but it will be more like ~10-15/hr, much much less than the $25/hr quotes we were getting, or $2k+/month daycares.

the bigger wins are - mostly she comes to us, we know, trust and love her, he used to work in daycare.

cb1111

chances are we will need 2-3 days a week of care. truthfully no idea what it will cost, but it will be more like ~10-15/hr, much much less than the $25/hr quotes we were getting, or $2k+/month daycares.

the bigger wins are - mostly she comes to us, we know, trust and love her, he used to work in daycare.
Wait. Is it a she or a he? Lloyd rule

Yes, I know it is a typo....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So a he she is charging you $2200 month to listen to your baby cry?

Winning