Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
who dare says ketchup on crackers is pizza

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

cb1111

Breh this list was put together by some wiener in Arkansas who thinks ketchup on a Ritz cracker is pizza.
Yeah - that list is a joke. What is even funnier is how they passed off a survey of a handful of people as a scientific study - but what do you expect from the Daily Mail? The eight categories are pretty funny too:

Each of eight measures were given different weights to determine the best pizza in the 50th biggest cities

• Reputation score: A poll of 1,000 Americans were asked to name which cities they consider to be the top five for pizza (32%) 900 people polled lived in Denver?
  • Pizza restaurants per 100,000 residents (20%) What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
  • Pizza Passion score: Local Google search volume for pizza-related terms (20%) Search volume?
  • Average Yelp rating for local pizza restaurants (12%) This makes a bit of sense
  • Local price of a large cheese pizza (4%) What does this mean if....
  • Cost to buy a large cheese pizza each week as a percentage of median annual income (4%) ...this is a far more realistic metric
  • Local price of a large pepperoni pizza (4%) See above
  • Cost to buy a large pepperoni pizza each week as a percentage of median annual income (4%) ditto

cb1111

Guess who has a torn rotator cuff and has to have surgery?
Sucks. PT isn't an alternative? A friend of mine had a torn rotator cuff and the docs gave him an option and PT worked. The docs said that the recovery took about a month longer, but was better in the long run.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Back at the dealer today for my mk8.

3 different sets of wheels and tires and they all vibrate on the highway. Doesn’t matter who balances them. Funny how everyone piled on Discount Tire (and me for going there), but 2 different shops verified the balance was good. I asked them to re-balance anyways. I’m having the dealer check hub runout and I dunno what else today.

Also having them look at a loud whistle/squeal under full boost again. Last week I was there for this they didn’t know what it is but said all the intake and charge pipes are fine. SA said it’s probably normal wastegate sound because someone heard that on a mk5 once 🙄. But I’ve asked around online and can’t find any other mk8 owners who get this noise (
). Sounds to me like a boost leak or a failing DV 🤷‍♂️. If it’s normal, fine.

I didn’t expect to be spending hours upon hours at the shop before I even hit 1500 miles. I’m keeping detailed records of everything in case any of these issues are lemon law worthy if they can’t fix it.
interesting! my 7R had a similar boost noise on the bigger turbo. i couldn't figure out what it was; replacing the DV didn't help, resetting literally every single charge pipe. never got to verify via a boost leak test if there was a leak or what the deal was, but it was making specified PSI according to vagcom. sorry my reply isn't more helpful.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
interesting! my 7R had a similar boost noise on the bigger turbo. i couldn't figure out what it was; replacing the DV didn't help, resetting literally every single charge pipe. never got to verify via a boost leak test if there was a leak or what the deal was, but it was making specified PSI according to vagcom. sorry my reply isn't more helpful.

Yeah I haven’t had any underboost codes or obvious performance issues.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
@Pineapple Garage remains open for use. We can still be on to install your suspension. @dtfd said he can come to help (and he's the one who actually owns the spring compressor), so my role might be relegated to being the "Hell yeah brother!" moral support and tool fetcher, but my tools and quickjack are probably more important than I am anyway 🤣

@messrock, same with your downpipe. Grab Dino and I'll watch you guys struggle to get it out from underneath the car 🤣
Sorry about your arm 😔 I'm all good for the weekend of the 27th 👍