GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant/oil loss and Clutch Squeak.

motas88

Car(s)
MK7 GTD
Hi all,
Purchased my 2015 GTD manual about 7 months ago and have a few recurring issues.
I’m losing coolant and oil, not at an alarming rate as I’ve done a few miles since I bought it. But the coolant worries me as have had to top up twice about 500ml each time. Less worrying but still abnormal is the oil, a litre and a half in 12000 miles. No leaks and no smoke from the exhaust.

Another worrying symptom is the gearbox/clutch/drive shafts seem to be unhappy. Clutch pedal sometimes doesn’t want to return to position and under load everything is fine but lift off and there is a squeak through all gears. Plus on a heavy take off there is a grinding noise, as if a drive shaft is skipping splines but only if the steering is at an angle.
Have a ‘you can’t bend it warranty’ but just need to be prepared.
Any help is much appreciated!

Pojy

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTD
Hello, i have the same issue with the grinding noise when my steering is at an angle, i dont know what it is.
About the clutch pedal that sometimes dosen`t want to return, one morning i wanted to go to the gym and when i entered my car the clutch pedal was all the way down, turns out it was the clutch release bearing.