GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch for my build and future plans?

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Hello everybody, I've been spending the whole day overthinking this. I have a gt220s with hpfp thats getting ethanol soon. In the future the plans are mamba turbo with mpi and lpfp on ethanol. I daily my car atm and am deciding whether I should future proof it or stick something that is just enough for my current setup and go with something less aggressive later.

Again, car is my daily and the current clutch in it is the Sachs performance full face with dmf. (RMS is leaking so I have to be in there anyways)

Option 1) Replace clutch with same one and gamble a bit on ethanol with RAL. (@Jewels_mk7 knows what's up)

Option 2) Sachs 4 puck with stock DMF

Option 2) Sachs 4 puch with SMF (might hate this for daily)

Option 3) Southbend stage 3 endurance

Sticking with fcp euro for lifetime warranty as well

Last edited:

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Any SMF will give chatter, that is the trade off. Which ever option you go with, driving habits and tune will play a bigger role in clutch life imo. A high tq tune on an early spooling turbo would be more aggressive on the clutch life than say a hybrid tuned to build power more gradually (this is where you could opt for a higher rated clutch). If you go with a less aggressive clutch for DD you could keep the tq lower if youre worried about its life span. Dont heavy throttle in lower rpms, always try to rev match when down shifting.